Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a post going in another spot in this forum but for a different problem.( when i rains it FING pours!) so i have had this problem time and time again and i want some help.. one day i had a CEL come on... had it scanned came back po442 evap code. took it in had a new cap put on.. couple months later back on again.. brought it back in.. now it was saying evap and a missfire... they replaced the cap no charge, and fixed the misfire with new plugs and wires.... it was off for 3 months or so and then BAM back on! took it in again po442 code. I happend to run in to a guy who works for chevy and he said that it might be a seliniod(sp) or a purve valve being stuck open..

So ok i went here we go again more money to fix this thing.... So im going to work on day and the light jsut goes off.... nice... yeah well i thought it was until last week it popped on again guess what? its showing th edamn po442 code again... anyone else had anything like this?? im just confused.... i know when the cap is on all the way is says check gass cap... im just lost as all can be now..

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well p0442 is very small evap leak , the worst kind because often times you can't find it with a smoke test. I would check the small filler neck check valve or just replace it for what it cost. If code comes back you didn't spend a fortune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.