Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i have put in some blue LEDs for under my glove box and by the petals. Right now, i have the wires just velcroed to the side of the center console, connected to the 12V by the e-brake. I wanted to see if i could hide the wires behind the panels so it's cleaner. Is it easy to remove the side of the center console?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
just a few screws thats all

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did the full under dash LED kit and I ended up taking off the side panels under the stereo in order to hide the wires. Pull them behind and under your stereo, you should be fine, I was. I'll send some pics if the sun ever goes down. Wait...I'm in Seattle and there's sun????? :eek:h:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Here's what I have going, sorry for the wierd color, but the sun isn't down quite yet, so the lighting is messed up...

THIS IS THE PASSENGER SIDE LOOKING DOWN - LOVE THE SHOES....
[/IMG]

THIS IS A UPSHOT AT THE ACTUAL LIGHT - LOCATED UNDER THE GLOVE BOX - NOTE: BOTH SIDES LOOK THE SAME.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Easy to do. And looks real nice when your doors are open. My next lighting will be to follow the back "butt" of the passenger seats in blue. I dont want to get too carried away though, too much distraction is annoying. Oh yeah, my stearing wheel is lit up with blue LED's too :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i got the same thing in all 4 foot wells, i wired them to a switch that i made by the ebrake so i can turn them on and off with the flip of a switch. Then i wired the switch to a fuse that turns off when the ccar is turned off so i cant accidently leave them on. And i also used zip ties to hold them in place!=)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Um.. No :blink:.. its 3 clips.. Just put you hand on the very bottom and pull. they pop right off
yeah theyre are screws, oh wait nvm, the panel pops right off then theres another piece behind thepanel that has 3 screws that hold it in place.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hahaha these is great i literary have the same setup with blue neon lights attached by twist ties and then running the wire under the dashboard to a three outlet cigarette power converter

·
Registered
802 Posts
u really dont have to take it out you can usually tuck it up there with your fingers.. i've got 3 set's of rca's 2 set's of speaker wire and 2 antena remote wire's running thru mine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.