Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm pretty much done with my car's interior make-over. all i have left to do is paint the bottom gray pieces of the front seats, paint the gray piece around the radio, and paint the center console. only one question, how do i get the console out? i know the top is three panels that pop out, i've had them out before. does the rest just pop outta there too or is it bolted in there? i guess that was two questions lol but any help will be appreciated, thanks :bigsmile:

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
The center console just pulls right up. You will have to pull the ebrake up a little in order to get that piece up first, then comes the next one, which you will have to remove the second one (one that surrounds shifter and includes cupholders) and then disconnect the cigarette plugs to fully remove. It all just clips on and such.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The center console just pulls right up. You will have to pull the ebrake up a little in order to get that piece up first, then comes the next one, which you will have to remove the second one (one that surrounds shifter and includes cupholders) and then disconnect the cigarette plugs to fully remove. It all just clips on and such.
YOu are right for the most part.. but the center cosol is entirely held on with (i believe) 7m bolts. you start with the 2 on each side behind the seats.

Look on the TWM web site for instructions on how to install there short throw shifter. That will explain it to you perfectly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.