Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer why they say you cant put a center console arm rest from an automatic cobalt in a 5 speed cobalt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i was searching ebay and the deal on there said that you couldn't and i thought i would ask you guys because even though GM says you can't put one in doesn't mean that you are not able to

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Before buying those off of Ebay, contact the seller and see if they have actual hands on them. Many of those places sell them and they do not have them instock and if they are on backorder, then you will really wait. best to go to the dealer for this one.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I assumed that GM says that for liability issues. being that you could hit the armrest while trying to shift. but I have no idea lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's mine.

I think the problem comes in because the shifter is too (way, too) far back in these cars. I installed a short throw after cutting off another 1 1/2" of the top, and moved the shift point so it is farther up like in my 69 chevelle. Then, I added the arm rest. Picked it up new from a dealer on ebay.

·
Registered
745 Posts
[/COLOR]if youre interested, i can get one from the local junkyard i go and get cobalt stuff from. theres a smashed ss there and everythings gone but the center console and 2.4 white gauge cluster.

just PM if interested!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much do you think you could pick the arm rest up for because i really dont want to buy a new one for 70 bucks

·
Registered
567 Posts
What color do u need, i got the stock white/gray one if u need it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.