Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so.. im looking to take a trip to Centralia with a few friends... has anyone actully been there.. u think itd be worth a trip

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
I've been there before and to ashland. There isn't really that much to see, they won't let you get all that close to the fire. You can take tours in ashland of the mines and stuff and see the centralia mountain burning in the distance.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I've been there before and to ashland. There isn't really that much to see, they won't let you get all that close to the fire. You can take tours in ashland of the mines and stuff and see the centralia mountain burning in the distance.
yeah, i was there too and you can't really walk around it anymore. too dangerous. but like camo said, can see things from a distance that are kinda cool.

knoebels isn't far from there, so centralia can be a sight-see stop on the way over to the destination of knoebels. that's a really fun place and inexpensive since you just pay for the rides you want. there's also free picnic areas/pavilions for a lunch break, and food stands/vendors within the park itself. not sure when the park officially opens for the summer season tho.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i herd somewhere those fires are gunna burn for like 1000 years or something like that...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I live about 5 minutes from Centralia and have been there numerous times. You can get up close without having to worry about anything. There are only a few houses left. Residents refuse to leave and the government is trying to enforce eminent domain. It's a really cool place and a big piece of this area's history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.