Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm not super big on carbon or anything, I would still appreciate the weight savings that would come with it, provided it's justified. I wouldn't want anything too radical, just a normal looking OEM hood/trunk lid. What are my options and how much would they set me back?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Unless you find one used in good condition, quite a lot. Those things are pretty expensive. Unless you are doing weight reduction for a specific reason, such as racing, it wouldn't really be worth it unless you just like the look. For MPG weight reduction, you'd spend more on the components than you would save in gasoline.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too concerned about saving gas, but it would be a welcomed bonus. I do plan on racing this year, both track and drag. If I could trim enough weight to make a noticeable difference in performance, I would seriously consider the parts.

The look is OK, but I'm really not in it for the show.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I thought about going c.f. on my LS a while ago... I decided the cost didn't out way the benefits. I am how ever going to 3D c.f. vinyl wrap some parts... center blade and end caps on my high rise, mirror covers, and the section that has the black vinyl on the door.... and possibly my arm intake...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Extreme dimensions is one of the few that do make parts for our cars.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would also be interested in knowing the weight savings. I'm considering a CF hood, mainly for extra cooling for track racing. Don't particularly like the hoods with the mesh in them, but that's what I would probably need to get some more airflow. Something like this:

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I seen one a few days ago think it was that hood just not CF.... it was going the opposite way as me on the highway.... did t get a great look at it.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
It does look good. Anything for sedans though?
I don't think there are any for the sedan. There was talk of a group buy on "the other" cobalt forum started by Extreme Dimensions but it never materialized.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
I just offloaded my Invader II hood for $500. Search the net for deals. The kid that bought mine was ecstatic I let it go for so cheap. But, it beat taking up space in the garage. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.