Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 chevy cobalt and it's a automatic it says to "change oil soon" do I change the oil or the filter or both?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Both the oil and the filter.

Do you know how to do that? There may be a how-to on here if not (though the pics might not work if they were hosted on Photobucket).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Reactions: MP81

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
There ya go!

Ecotecs are really nice and easy to do oil changes on. Before I put the M62 on, it took me about 5 minutes of actual work - the rest was waiting for the oil to drain. Even now, it only takes a couple minutes more, it's just a blind operation for the filter - I've done it so many times, I don't need to see it anyway.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The supercharger certainly made it more interesting, although I only had to do two oil changes after the install before I blew it up haha

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
The supercharger certainly made it more interesting, although I only had to do two oil changes after the install before I blew it up haha
Yeah, you just need a few extensions. The filter just barely squeezes between the blower and the core support, but it fits.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Its insanely easy on the saab though haha, I swear there's more room than I ever had even with the stock l61 intake manifold on the g5

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

I actually use an axle nut socket for the Durango to get the cap off because it's the right size and fits no problem. Can't seem to find the socket for the filter cap anywhere haha

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Reactions: 1966tbird and MP81
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.