Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im changing the oil tomorrow, much against my step-dad's wishes because he thinks i'll screw it up, and was figuring i'd get opinions of what kind to use. im doing it myself because its wayyy cheaper. but anyways, i use mobil 1 synthetic right now. what do you use/suggest? price isnt much of a concern because IMO its worth it to keep my car up to date.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i use mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30 with a fram filter. deff go full synthetic though. their seems to be much debate about what brand is better. its more or less personal choice or what you like i think for that

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i use ams oil. tried royal purple, mobile 1, castrol syntec etc. MY car seems to like the ams oil best.
why does he think you will screw up the change? its not that hard! :laugh:
lmao, because he's 60 and says that the dealer could void my warranty if i dont have that done professionally. so i just keep the old ass sticker from like 4 months ago and do it myself. its WAY cheaper too. how do you tell what your car likes more? i can't really notice any kind of different feeling between Penzoil conventional and the Mobil1...maybe i should listen more lol

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
lmao, because he's 60 and says that the dealer could void my warranty if i dont have that done professionally. so i just keep the old ass sticker from like 4 months ago and do it myself. its WAY cheaper too. how do you tell what your car likes more? i can't really notice any kind of different feeling between Penzoil conventional and the Mobil1...maybe i should listen more lol
mine just seems to run smoother under all conditions with it. its most noticeable during start up. its more of a feel than a sound to me. not gonna claim hp or anything. just FEELS smoother to me. but everyone likes what they like for various reasons.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I just switched to synthetic last night...went with Royal Purple and a K&N filter...got 5 quarts and a 13 dollar filter for $40 total.

I have used Mobil1 in the past on my Saturn.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not bad. an oil change at the local place costs $52 with mobil1 and the filter. how's it feel on start up?

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
still use mobil 1 full synthetic, bosch filter cause all AZ had besides that was Fram and fram can get 'effed imo lol. Do it myself now cause paying like almost 100$ at the stealership for the first couple was enough to scream, now it just costs $60 or so to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still use mobil 1 full synthetic, bosch filter cause all AZ had besides that was Fram and fram can get 'effed imo lol. Do it myself now cause paying like almost 100$ at the stealership for the first couple was enough to scream, now it just costs $60 or so to do it myself.
well fram sucks cuz i've read a crap load of people saying they hate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.