Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I took my seats and center console out and redid a few things, painted the shift case red repainted the center console flat black and it looks like OEM painted which came out better then I thought.

I also came with an Idea someone said they used vinyl paint to paint there rugs and carpet so I tested on my rugs and it worked fine. i may do my whole carpet today since its all taken out anyway. I wanna do my seat cuz that would be the last thing to do but Im still debating.

·
Registered
317 Posts
did u do ur doors by urself?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Wow, that console really does look oem. But I don't really see much difference in the rugs.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Yeah I know but it doesn't look that black it still kind of looks grey. Maybe the whole carpet would show a noticeable difference.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
HOLY CRAP THOSE CAME OUT REALLY GOOD!!! come to nyc and do that for me I suck at painting lol!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol I wish I could then I could see my family that stay in Queens
Yeah I used flat black enamel paint for the plastic and vinyl paint for the carpet and rugs. I found out that the flat black enamel makes it come out better then usin the vinyl paint on plastic. all you have to do is use paint prep on the plastic before you do it and you cant possibly mess up trust me.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Make plans to visit in queens :laugh: seriously I don't trust my self painting I screwed up my front emblem.

·
Registered
186 Posts
dude shiz looks fly... really tho man it looks like it's worth the effort

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
That's going to look great man! I'll admit, i used to hate the look of your car, but its really coming along nicely. Good work bro!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally done

repainted center console

Before the carpet went back in

After the carpet went back in

Cleaned seats and did plastic covers

And now after two days of hard working and taking everything out the final project is complete

Oh yeah Im freakin tired but it was all worth the work and effort

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
dude... you ARE the freakin MAN! now THAT is a clean awesome perfect job! Are you going to redo the door panels?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude... you ARE the freakin MAN! now THAT is a clean awesome perfect job! Are you going to redo the door panels?
I redid those already they used to have black leather
i did the doors earlier this week and changed it to red as you can see in the picture

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
oh but they look like they still have that shiney black. I dunno I'm looking at this on my phone. also how did u paint the seat belts black

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Just noticed... nice gun... guess you need one in atlanta georgia :laugh:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.