Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cheap way to mod my exhaust. Hoping for just a little more sound. I've thought about a muffler delete but not sure how it'll sound, thought about a glasspack but having the same issue. Also thought about going catless on my stock dp, again, not sure how that'll sound. Has anybody here done any of these, or have any other suggestions for a very cheap option?

·
Registered
120 Posts
muffler delete is a bad idea. The cheapest way would be to just replace the muffler with something from borla or magnaflow

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
It's tought to replace a stock muffler. Goes back to the bend and leave little to weld or for a strap clamp

·
Registered
24 Posts
My balt is straight piped with a muffler delete into a catless ZZP 3" downpipe and sounds fine. Yes, it's loud so if you live in a place where you can't run a loud exhaust system, I'd just suggest leaving the muffler on and getting a downpipe with a 200 or 400 cell cat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My balt is straight piped with a muffler delete into a catless ZZP 3" downpipe and sounds fine. Yes, it's loud so if you live in a place where you can't run a loud exhaust system, I'd just suggest leaving the muffler on and getting a downpipe with a 200 or 400 cell cat.
Do you have a video of what yours sounds like by any chance? I don't mind loud at all, I live in a town where cops don't really care about exhaust noise... tons of ******** with big loud trucks that never get pulled over.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Search eBay for a cheap catback. Tsudo is a decent option and won't run you much over $150 new.
Plus if you really don't like the sound, a muffler swap is easy then. So then you still have a new catback with a better muffler for around $200.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.