Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
My experience with cheap hids from eBay, (not that same sales) but every 3 months I would have a bulb or ballast burnt out. They were a life time warranty but who wants to pull their headlights out that often?

·
Registered
191 Posts
One word... no. That's a case of getting what you pay for.

After installing some LEDs recently, I'd going to be looking for a good source for quality HID kits at a reasonable price. Want them to match the other lights plus the added visibility is good too.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The cheap ebay kits also have problems with the bulbs being different colors. My friend wouldnt listen to me and bought one and now he has whats gotta be a 8000k bulb and one that looks 10,000k.

I had one myself in my mustang and one day I could smell smoke in the middle of the night and all of a sudden no lights. Pulled off to the side and the hi/lo relay had burnt up.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I've got the 6000K. In my opinion, it's pretty close to what 4300K would be with other companies. So, it's a nice even white.

Also, I would agree with Kcg about that being a step up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
cheap ebay systems are made with cost in mind. poor design could lead to fireee 0.o

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought a cheap HID kit from eBay and after a week a ballast went bad. I would highly recommend spending the extra money to get a quality kit. It'll be easier and you'll be more happy in the long run.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
DDM, not as cheap but cheap and they seem to last. Just about everyone who I know who went HID has them and no issues and I had them on my SS without issues.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

Just if you order from them might want to call and make sure they send the right bulbs, mine were a gift and the HI-LO Beams were reversed.

·
Registered
350 Posts
All you have to do is switch a couple wires around on the input of the harness and that'll fix the lows and highs being reversed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.