Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am loving my stock 09 Cobalt but I do a ton of driving (over 12,000 miles since I bought it Memorial Day Weekend). I'm thinking about putting an exhaust on it to pick up a few HP and maybe a few MPG. I don't want to throw a lot of money at this, but Ive thought of two inexpensive options.

First is getting the Tsudo N1. It seems like it should offer a nice improvement with the 2.25" piping, and I like the idea of the all stainless construction. The price is also right where I want to be.

The other option I am thinking of is getting the stock exhaust off an SS/SC because its still bigger than what I have, so it should work for what I want. I imagine it will also bolt up with no mods, and if I can find one it should be very cheap.

I guess what I'm looking for is some input as to which might be the better choice. Im looking for something thats still gonna be relatively quiet and most importantly, not drone on the highway! Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
TSUDO . . . Better sound then the SS exhaust and you cant go wrong wih the full stanless steel from Cat Back. Best bang for your buck

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
TSUDO . . . Better sound then the SS exhaust and you cant go wrong wih the full stanless steel from Cat Back. Best bang for your buck
$250 full stainless, man it can't be beat. go with it

·
Registered
450 Posts
i'll be different... you should look into custom... usually costs a lot less and you can make it whatever you want.

·
Registered
496 Posts
ok well im a bit confused. Ive heard that the tsudo has 2.25" AND 2.5" piping. Which is it?

·
Registered
496 Posts
4.5 outlet sounds pretty damn big to me. im a little disappointed at the 2.25, but i guess ill have to make due. already ordered one! haha

·
Registered
618 Posts
its a nice exhaust for the price.....2.25 is plenty big too.....just make sure u hang the muffler end lower or ur bumper will melt or get all smokey.....just bend the hangers on the exhaust.....

·
Registered
496 Posts
its a nice exhaust for the price.....2.25 is plenty big too.....just make sure u hang the muffler end lower or ur bumper will melt or get all smokey.....just bend the hangers on the exhaust.....
ya im gonna have some guys install it for me while they do my spoiler. i dont have jack stands or a floor jack to install the thing. i told 'em theyd have to hang it a bit lower

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I'm confused now too. Never enough auto (where I ordered mine from) posted it was a 2.5 and I think it says that on the site. Sooo it's a 2.25?

·
Registered
496 Posts
just got mine today actually. gonna put in on next friday, cannot wait!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Tsudo states that the exhaust has 2.5" diameter tubing.
so gains are good from around 10-15 whp? is that only if you have other mods. right now, i have a SRI and a header and downpipe. can i expect 15 whp?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
so gains are good from around 10-15 whp? is that only if you have other mods. right now, i have a SRI and a header and downpipe. can i expect 15 whp?
expect about 6-9. borla tested theirs on the balt and got 8 i think. borla is basically the GMPP exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
dont expect a much from just a cat back with stock header and dp.
it will sound sick. but the only performance difference will be in high top end where cobalts suffer.

·
Registered
496 Posts
dont expect a much from just a cat back with stock header and dp.
it will sound sick. but the only performance difference will be in high top end where cobalts suffer.
mmmk thanks. ive actually got an aftermarket header and downpipe, so that should help a bit as well.

·
Registered
496 Posts
expect about 6-9. borla tested theirs on the balt and got 8 i think. borla is basically the GMPP exhaust.
oh ok. still pretty good gains though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.