Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 cobalt 2.2 base with a cold air intake that gives a p0171 code. Lately Ive been getting a p0106 code and Im wondering if its a related issue now that it is warmer outside. Could it be from installing a header that has a small exhaust leak?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Small exhaust leak could give you the lean code (P0171) but not the MAP code (P0106). That one is usually caused by a leak between "MAF" sensor and "MAP" sensor. Somewhere at one of the seams of your "CAI" most likely.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small exhaust leak could give you the lean code (P0171) but not the MAP code (P0106). That one is usually caused by a leak between "MAF" sensor and "MAP" sensor. Somewhere at one of the seams of your "CAI" most likely.
There are no leaks. Should I just replace the MAP sensor?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There are no leaks. Should I just replace the MAP sensor?
For the Map DTC, check your vacuum lines first before replacing any part. You do need Manifold Absolute Pressure in conjunction with a MAF as well. May just be a corroded hose.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
my lean code cleared when i disconnected my battery for 15 minutes, give that a try

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

it cleared a few codes that didnt come back.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My concern is the p0106 not p0171. P0171 will be fixed with a tune. As far as the p0106 there aren't any leaks so is it safe to say to just replace the MAP sensor?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You didn't find any leaks doesn't mean there isn't one. How did you check for leaks? Propane?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
still haven't tried disconnecting battery for 15 minutes?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.