Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its 4 am and im still up thinking about it. 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan.. Test drove it yesterday, 11,000 miles..$17,350.. What do you guys and girls think?

Ive been waiting a year..my previous car was an 04 Spec V.. and as soon as i bought that my buddy goes and buys a MazdaSpeed6, so it kinda ruined my new car buy back then. Think I can keep up with him in the SS Sedan. lol...:)

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
First off welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you really want it, I know he price seems a little high compared to what a lot of others paid, but the prices in general are slowly going back up. If it were me I think I would look at cheaper ones. There are still some good deals out there.

It sounds ok though, aside from that whole 4 door family wagon thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I test drove my 2009 SS Sedan coming from a 1999 BMW 328i (sport package 5speed) and instantly fell in love with the SS. Easy decision :)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
To answer your question, the SS will tear apart the mazdaspeed 6.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
unless the MS6 is modded or tuned, stock for stock the balt should take it. Similiar(not the same) power levels but the MS6 is a bigger car, has some more weight to push. I have seen some mad fast MS6's though. But a tune alone well turn that SS into a beast, add on a few upgrades and you well put down some good power. I know one guy who is pushing over 350whp in his turbo sedan and close to 400 torques edit, not sure if he swapped turbo's or not but I know when he had the stock turbo it has great power.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Get the SS, that is a steal.

Beamer, you can make that much power on the stock turbo. Now the walls we have are overboost protection, fuel delivery, and aluminum pistons lol.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Get the SS, that is a steal.

Beamer, you can make that much power on the stock turbo. Now the walls we have are overboost protection, fuel delivery, and aluminum pistons lol.
thanks, could not remember if he said it was off the upgraded turbo or not but now that I read your comment I remember he makes that power on the stocker, he was making over 400 on the upgraded turbo with less psi but had to go back to stock for some reason.

I wish I had the knowledge of the SS's going turbo in 08 before I got my 07, I would be satisfied with those numbers as far as power. But alas I didnt know, but its all good, I love my '07

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for welcoming me. The whole no lift shift thing is gonna be weird but I cant help it, i think i gotta crush... I think its a sharp car without being too attention grabbing..interior could be nicer..but is that what i want in a car? ..no..I could care less... what i cared about was wondering if the Salesmen was gonna rip a hole in my apolstery during my test drive.(hilarious) I cant wait to get into parts and tuning.. Any other good websites I should be bookmarking? Was just checking out Trifecta after work.. ... I Cant wait to see the look on my buddies face. not to mention all these kids with civics n preludes .. with primered body kits and fart cans. Is this phenomenon really going on everywhere? Some people really know how to mod a car, but im not sure these kids could install a CAI. they all seem to think 90 miles an hour is as fast as any car can ever go. .. i have a 98 cavalier RallySport as a winter beater and they can barely hang with that pile half the time... sorry for my rant.. Thanks again, look forward to being part of the community, Im gonna need lots of direction and i think ive found a good place to get it.. and sorry for my grammer. I liked Science class.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome. make sure to post pics once you pick this beast up! also, theres lots of vendors on here to get you started if your looking for parts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Ok, here. If you are going to get the car, go with someone that has HP tuners before Trifecta. Nothing wrong with Vince, but HP guys are getting more power out of HP Tuners than Trifecta. Most guys will tune your ss for about $300 and get you about 300hp and 330tq at the wheels with just the tune (I would know as that is what I got and same with a few other friends of mine with HP Tuners). If you need help with parts or tuning, let me or a couple of the other T/C guys know. I have almost every bolt-on possible on my car right now and am about to be doing a turbo upgrade (buying the kit on the 1st). We can make it so that you won't even look twice at a civic because you don't want to waste the gas, but rather you would start looking at GT500 stangs and c6 vettes and stuff like that. :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I wish I had the knowledge of the SS's going turbo in 08 before I got my 07, I would be satisfied with those numbers as far as power. But alas I didnt know, but its all good, I love my '07
Once I found out that the Cobalt was getting the LNF I knew I had to have one. The engine is just spectacular.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Yeah HPT is the only way to go unless you like warranty like me. Trifecta is good, but not the same. You don't look twice at a Honda even stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked it up this morning ... Im glowing.. thanks for the advice on the hp tuners. Ill check that out...40 more horses with just a tune? Pics to come in the next few days...snowing out at the moment... Thanks again!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Picked it up this morning ... Im glowing.. thanks for the advice on the hp tuners. Ill check that out...40 more horses with just a tune? Pics to come in the next few days...snowing out at the moment... Thanks again!
Actually the 260hp is actually the down-tuned rating. Once you let the engine run it's full capabilities you get about 40hp more, just with the tune. Then add some parts to make your engine flow a little better (filter, downpipe, muffler delete, and CP) you'll be seeing about 320-330hp to the wheels. It's not that hard to make power out of the LNF's, it really isn't.:amuse:

BTW, where you from?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.