Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious on how you safely remove the cheesy pinstripe vinyl off the body panels without damaging the paint. Is it the same process as when you debadge the car?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I wasn't very careful, and i did not hurt my paint. if you get really good at it, and yes it is a skill, you can heat, pull, and peel without leaving any glue residue behind. I got half of one side off without breaking the strip! =)

·
Registered
236 Posts
yeah i need to do that i have random spots missin

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Good thing is, even if you break the vinyl, you can always start at that spot and start again. Vinyl usually doesnt take the paing with it, but it may never know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I am pretty careful with things like this. Hence why I wanted to double check lol. I can't do it yet but in 2 weeks I will be the proud new owner of a blue cobalt with ridiculous red pin stripes. I don't know about you guys but red vinyl on a blue car looks weird, maybe because of contrasting colours.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

well I am pretty careful with things like this. Hence why I wanted to double check lol. I can't do it yet but in 2 weeks I will be the proud new owner of a blue cobalt with ridiculous red pin stripes. I don't know about you guys but red vinyl on a blue car looks weird, maybe because of contrasting colours.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If it ruins your paint, it is a sign that they cleared over it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
the majority of mine came off when i was washing my car in almost 100 degree weather one day...some moderate scrubbing with the sponge i was washing the car with took care of the rest of it

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
the majority of mine came off when i was washing my car in almost 100 degree weather one day...some moderate scrubbing with the sponge i was washing the car with took care of the rest of it
That definitely sounds like dealer installed pin striping. Probably did not clean the vehicle before installing the pin strip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.