Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I want to get a SS/SC spoiler on my Cobalt. I have some questions.

1) I found this website which sells it at a good price. Does anyone already bought from them? Quality, shipping, are you satisfied?

Chevy Cobalt Spoiler Factory SS Style For 05-UP PRIMED

2)I didn't have to go to my dealer yet, but I except that Chevrolet OEM one should be expensive. Does anyone know the price from the dealer?

Thanks a lot and have a good day. :)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Imo, low rise is much more stealthy. The high rise makes it hard to look out the rear window. Factory would probably be more expensive than what theyre selling but idk if I would trust an offbrand company because the holes may not line up

·
Registered
191 Posts
The high rise isnt really bad at all. I haven't had a problem with seeing out from the back window.

I agree with not trusting the aftermarket companies with "oem" type equipment. I'd check out the dealership and see what they are charging.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The high rise isnt really bad at all. I haven't had a problem with seeing out from the back window.

I agree with not trusting the aftermarket companies with "oem" type equipment. I'd check out the dealership and see what they are charging.
I can agree to this. A high rise spoiler imo is actually better than the low rise. The high rise not only blocks most headlights from your vision, but also give you a good measurement on how close someone is to your rear bumper. If you keep their headlights "hidden" with the spoiler then they are a good distance away from you, if the lights are under the spoiler they are a little too close, and if they are above it, then they are pretty far away. I do the same thing with my evo. Also, the high rise spoiler actually serves a better down force function at higher speeds, helps to keep the back end a little more stable.

Now to the OP, $300 for a paint matched OEM high rise is not bad at all. Besides going with a used part, I don't think you'll find something for cheaper than that. GMpartsdirect has them for $400 so $300 is a good deal. Most dealerships have the high rise for around $500-$600, just letting you know.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Go to gmpartsdirect.com. its the same place dealerships order the parts they don't have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.