Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a check engine code p0411 code reads "air system incorrect flow"
Scanner says to replace secondary air injection pump. Does anyone have advice on this issue?Difficulty replacing?,will this fix the problem? And where is the pump located?( I'm also not mechanically inclined by anymeans so any advice helps)

The car feels like it's losing power while idling/driving. Not exactly misfiring, it has a stutter? (I'm not that good at explaining)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pump is located underneath, front, passenger side of engine.
I THOUGHT it would be a PITA, but there’s quick disconnects for the hoses. I think it took 15-20 minutes to replace. Bought COMPLETE GM through Amazon for a little over $100

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been working on my granddaughters 09 colbalt with the same code I have had to three different chevy dealership and they have replaced every part to do with the secondary air and even took off the exhaust manifold to clean carbon but still throws the same code we got it off last year just long enough to get it inspected but came back on three weeks later and been on ever since not it time for inspection again and will not pass because the garages can't fix it. Any suggestions besides getting rid of it and getting another car for her besides a chevy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve still had no luck getting this code to go away. However I have newer/worse issues at hand. The steering shaft and the power steering motor/shaft both are showing signs of failure. This car has been a nightmare since purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts