Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt that was operating perfectly until the check engine light came on. I connected it to a computer and it showed the crank / cam shaft sensors were bad. I replaced both sensors and solved that problem. The engine started and the check engine light was not on however, now my a.c. does not blow cold air and the engine,when accelerating, has lost power and sounds like it is sucking in too much air. I can't find anything that I could have bumped while replacing the sensors but obviously I did something to cause this problem unless perhaps a new, "bad" sensor could somehow cause this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt that was operating perfectly until the check engine light came on. I connected it to a computer and it showed the crank / cam shaft sensors were bad. I replaced both sensors and solved that problem. The engine started and the check engine light was not on however, now my a.c. does not blow cold air and the engine,when accelerating, has lost power and sounds like it is sucking in too much air. I can't find anything that I could have bumped while replacing the sensors but obviously I did something to cause this problem unless perhaps a new, "bad" sensor could somehow cause this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
A/C related but not crank/cam shaft sensor related - we had problems with our A/C not working this past Spring. My husband found a posting that stated to check the Coolant Temperature on the dash display. If you didn't see a number reading but only saw a ------- reading, then the A/C wouldn't work. Sounds odd but it was true. I think we disconnected the battery to reset everything. I don't remember but will ask him. Any ECM codes? Just to throw that into the mix! This has been one of the hardest cars to diagnose and fix that I've ever had the displeasure to own and that includes a highly aggravating, cuss-inducing Mini Cooper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts