Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi My name Dan

I am new to this forum. I have a problem with all 4 of my power door locks not working. I check the fuses. There fine, I change the switches on the drive and passenger door. Still not working. Does anybody
have any info on this problem.....Thank You :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Do the doors lock when you put it in drive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The door locks on my 07 LT (2 door) go haywire every now and then. The door lock switches stopped working but they will lock and unlock when the car is off, once I'm driving they stay locked locked, though sometimes when I'm stopped in traffic they'll lock and unlock and lock intermittently. Also the front speakers stopped working, though occasionally the left front will work, it may be related. Looks like I gotta take the door panels apart and replace the lock switches and fix the connections to the front speakers.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Speakers go bad in these.
Switches go bad in these.

Reactions: Maddaddyssa

·
Registered
3 Posts
not to thread jack, but since this is the most recent thread on this subject, i'm hoping i'll be okay.

my switches also work fine, as the passenger's side locks and unlocks just as it should. the problem is intermittent operation in the driver's side. sometimes it'll lock when i put it in drive, and i have to press the unlock button 2-3 times just to get it to unlock once i'm stopped. other times, the lock won't move at all. could this be a problem with the driver's side actuator, or something else altogether?

(08 LT1 Coupe)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If only the driver's door doesn't unlock then I would tend to believe it has to do with the actuator because door unlock signal comes from the BCM, if the passenger door has unlocked then the BCM sent the signal. Actuator may just need cleaning and lubed though.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Photobucket pretty much screwed any write-ups with picture from this sight but maybe somebody here has done this before and will chime in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dang that's a bit of a bummer. i can't even find so much as a youtube video for it. my crystal ball is giving me impressions of a hayne's manual in my near future.. and who knows, maybe i'll end up doing a write-up myself. i'm a bit of an amateur but i'm a pretty adept learner, so i'm not terribly worried about taking on the task myself.

last question tho; what sort of lubricant should i be looking into for the actuator? and am i safe in assuming this will be applied to the plastic gears rather than inside the motor itself?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Actuator is actually a solenoid not a motor. No gears. You will need a synthetic lubricant that doesn't freeze or none at all if the inside of the solenoid is teflon. But my guess is that you might need a new one. Not cheap!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no the doors don't lock when you put it in drive. It might lock once.Them the click gets weaker every time you hit the door lock switch

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Have you tried re-seating the connectors on the BCM?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.