Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Chevy Cobalt when the car was warming up, the doors automatically locked themselves. Couldn't find my spare set of keys, so initiated a call to my road side assistance. While I was waiting, I went outside and they unlocked by themselves automatically. As I drove to work, the button will not lock or unlock my car now. I have to manually lock all my doors and use the key to unlock the car.

???? What could possibly be the issues? FYI, both of my remote keys have stopped working for sometime already. But the doors locking and locking by themselves, what is going on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I know nothing about cars except they are expensive to maintain. So it isn't an expensive motor like when the electronic windows stop working? And why would both of my remotes keys stop working? And referring to your answer, the doors unlocking and locking by themselves is related to the switches in the doors themselves? Just trying to figure out if this is going to cost me tons of money going to my mechanic.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
No, it's just a simple switch. Not saying that's 100% your problem, but it may be a good place to start looking. The seemingly random locking/unlocking can be the switch making contact and quickly loosing it from corrosion or a loose connection. Key fobs failing sound unrelated, both of mine crapped out too.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.