Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chevy cobalt head light,tail light, and side markers and third brake light smoked. Can you buy all in a pakage if so were. And is it true you can use paint on them? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
36 Posts

this is what i did with my rear markers

i just used spray paint made to handle harsh weather because i live in oregon and it rains alot around this time

i did the same with the head lights i pulled them apart and painted the chrome looks better in person then in this pic tho but when it stops raining ill get better pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is someone on Ebay that I recently bought smoked overlays for the 3rd brake light and the rear side marker lights. They look really nice!!! I also bought the smoked rear tail lights off of Ebay sometime last year.....just thought some might like to know since not everyone likes to paint things. What also looks really good that I added was a Carbon Fiber overlay for the door pillars......

·
Banned
292 Posts
to answer your question no you can't buy them in a kit...

the paint isn't really paint per say... its call nightshades i guess you could consider it a spray tint or translusant paint.

only problem with nightshades is its all on how your rattle can skills are and how even you can make them look... i've seen some really good jobs and some really bad jobs...

ebay also sells tint you can actually apply tint to your lights.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
^^ bring it to a tint shop and have them put 5% on the tails. thats prettymuch as close to the car color you can get with a tint, and it still elts some light through, and its probably the easiest way.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
only real way to find out is to ask a police officer. i have heard 1000 times that it is illegal to have any tint on your tailights, but then i asked a cop, he said as long as i can see the lights through the tints, its legal.

my buddy drives a charger with very black out headlights and tialights, for over 2 years now, and hes never been pulled over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.