Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The trim looks amazing! But I'm not willing to put $240 towards interior trim. Too pricey for me. Free bump and good luck with sale!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think a fair price for this would be? just testin the water here lol. this is one of those things that is kinda hard to put a price on since its mainly labor. any input would be appreciated!

mark

·
Registered
319 Posts
beautiful work. honestly. but would you be willing just to sell dash trim? i have no power anything and an automatic.lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
re wrap the shifter in black/red CF and ill so buy it for liek 50 bux
Damn, that'd look amazing, yeah if you did the black/red cf on everything i'd definately put some SERIOUS thought into getting all the trim pieces for my car.... I don't think the price is too rediculous, especially thinking that this is mainly labour time put into it, and I haven't seen anyone else that does this

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yea my interior trim is black so idk if the silver cf would match but the black/red cf would.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
BboyTaktix: sorry i don't have enough posts to send pm yet!...

Hey! I like your work on the carbon fiber trim. Although I have an LS with no power options, I would still like to do something like this. Would you be able to tell me where you got the carbon fiber? It would probably be cheapest for me to buy the raw material and wrap it myself, considering I have way less trim to wrap in my LS. Thanks!

if you want you can mail me your pieces and i can wrap them for you total cost is around $180.00 shipped. or you can buy the stuff n do it yourself, i will tell you the cobalts are not that easy compared to what i have done in the past on bmw/ mercedes/ etc... you have to make a couple incisions in the dash trim pieces to make it turn out right, and you need to have a very sharp exacto knife and make some very precise cuts around the door handle areas if you have those.

you can get material from 3 places, pyspeed.com, destronsgarage.com, or search ebay.

you will need to buy the following stuff:
exacto knife $5
3m super 77 spray adhiesive $10
super glue $3
sharp scissors $5
testors airbrush thinner $10
and the carbon fiber fabric should cost you around $20-45 for 1yard, thats more than enough!
Hey, thanks for the info! I don't reallyhave 180 to spend right at this moment (school fees) but I definitely would like to try this out on my own eventually. Thanks for your information! I have most of that equipment. I won't be doing it for a little while. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you sell the knob to that guy i may be interested in the all the dash trim. id ship you my trim pieces back along with some ss door bezels to wrap for some extra dough.. let me know how much

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
looks good, price is not bad for the labor, this is a very tideous(sp) project to undertake. I am about to start doing that stuff myself, excited to get started but stressed already and i have yet to see the film arrive yet haha. Sorry, just wanted to chime in on how the price is good for something like this. Can you get it for a better price? yea, but who knows how good it well look. And if it was black CF, I would be all over it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.