Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I love my Cobalt and I'm sad that they ended them after a short run, but I love the looks of the Malibu and this Cruze is even nicer in my opinion...don't care for the name, that's about it.

I really can't wait to see what they come out with here in terms of engine...hopefully a small turbo engine. I can see a lot of support for it if they do that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Going back to it...I hope they use the 1.4T or the 2.0 TD...1.4 has 139hp and 150tq (nothing special, but do some upgrades and instant power).

The 2.0 TD on the other hand...150hp and 240tq...go tq.

And of course, the 6-speed auto....awesome gas mileage and huge power potential.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I like that blue one alot... eh, not like they're gonna force me to give up my balt & make me take a cruze, so it doesnt matter to me, lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
It looks great I think. It actually has a body quite similar to the BMW M3, and it's only $16,000 (when compared to M3).

Really, I'm annoyed that they're getting rid of the Cobalt, but this car looks beautiful all around, and I think if they don't release a coupe version, it coudl easily be the one of the top sports sedans.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
the photoshoped coupes are growing on me. still dont like the sedan

·
Registered
276 Posts
Eh it's not awful in itself, but it's not a great replacement for the Cobalt.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Its begining to grow on me. Still not a fan of the name but iam liking the looks of that four door and the interior is definitally an upgrade. Cant wait to see the final product tho

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't know if it's official or not, but it sounds like they are bumping it back to 2011 instead of 2010....was really hoping they would have it out this year or early next year.

Who knows, we may get a coupe, just not the first model year as it sounds...look at the G6 when it came out in 05, they had base V6 and GT. After that they added a coupe and a convertible and they offered a GTP and GXP version later as well. They will probably just start with the sedan and do a couple trim levels, then they may have other offerings in the future...GM Europe has a coupe, maybe they'll decide it's worth it here.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i was looking around a while back and the engine sizes as far as i know are as follows

In Europe, the Cruze launches with two gasoline four-cylinders—a 1.6-liter that makes 111 hp and a 1.8-liter producing 139 hp—and a 148-hp, 2.0-liter turbo-diesel that likely will spawn a 123-hp variant in the future. A five-speed manual is standard on all engines; the more powerful gasoline mill can be ordered with an optional six-speed automatic. We’ll see the 1.8-liter gasoline engine here, as well as a 140-hp, 1.4-liter turbocharged gasoline four-cylinder—expected to return at least 40 mpg combined—that will debut as the car hits the North American market. And here’s hoping we’ll also be treated to a 260-hp SS version powered by the fire-breathing, turbocharged 2.0-liter Ecotec engine, although GM’s High

·
Registered
201 Posts
Production starts in 2010, and they'll begin selling in 2011. As for a coupe, I believe GM has already announced they are coming out with one for the American version, since coupe's are widely popular here.

The more I hear about this car, the more I think this might be the first car that I buy when I get out of college.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
thats at least good to hear. it would be one of the worst moves gm could make to not have a coupe. look at the market for the car after all, how many balts on here are coupes as opposed to sedans(nothing wrong with sedans though imo)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.