Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
outside looks nice, interior is toooo much for me. and how much do you think that 1.4 turbo is really putting out?

·
Registered
931 Posts
welcome to the "new" gm yall....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Looky looky!!!!!!

140hp turbo hahahahahaha

The base model Cruze will be equipped with a 1.8-liter inline-4 rated at 140 horsepower and 130 pound-feet of torque. Later on, an optional turbocharged 1.4-liter inline-4 will be available, which produces 140 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. The Cruze weighs 2,844 pounds with the manual transmission and 2,899 pounds with the auto, so both are lighter than the current 2,991-pound Cobalt. We think this is a great thing, even though we're giving up 10 hp and 20 lb-ft of torque compared to the current Cobalt's engine, and can expect acceleration to 60 mph to be no quicker than 9.5 seconds.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I love the interior...but 1.4L Turbo is weak man. Hey maybe Chevy will release a 2.2 version and label it an SS,lol

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ lmfao at the vid.... Nice car all around. Engine wise- complete fail... It BETTER get 40mpg easy. Just throw a hayabusa engine in there and it will do better :blink:

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
yeah its slower but they wanted better mpg not better horsepower, the worst cruze is still gonna get much better mileage than even the xfe

·
Registered
485 Posts
^ lmfao at the vid.... Nice car all around. Engine wise- complete fail... It BETTER get 40mpg easy. Just throw a hayabusa engine in there and it will do better :blink:
Motor Trend said Chevy promised 40plus mpg on the Cruze...I'm still kicking around trading in my 'Balt and getting one when they come out. I wonder if the 1.4T will have any unique interior features like the Cobalt SS did(leather seats,upgraded sound system,etc.) If it's the same as a 1.8 LTZ then I think the turbo is gonna be a bust.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Fuel efficiency is making the choice of nice cars with style and great pricing die out FAST... 1.4L engine in an American made car, this is a sad day indeed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Daewoo Kalos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Aveo has been around for awhile and it's nothing big. It was even offered in a 1.2L engine. The Cruze does have great styling...I'm not sure what it's gonna be priced at, it just has a little engine.

Oh and if you think 1.4 is a sad day, then you might not be excited for 2011 when GM is supposed to begin production on the Chevy Beat/Spark it will have a HUGE 1.2L Turbocharger

Chevrolet Spark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
276 Posts
Now the Spark is just odd looking, odd enough that I'm kind of drawn to it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Wow, I thought I knew ugly... Well I kind of used the wrong words, style and pricing are ok- but american cars are just as wimpy as the rest at this point. :notrust:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Don't hurt me! But I really don't see how making more efficient cars rather than powerful/excessive cars is a bad thing. Yeah it'll kill some of the fun factor but I kind of like the idea of hihger mpg being the norm

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.