Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kno alot of yall run into this issue abouyt the limit of how fast ya car goes i stop around 110mph even wit the stage one chip ive been looking for someone who can either flash or remove that feature someone even said to swap out the ecu wit the sport......very doubtful

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you need to go any faster?
well for on cuz i want to and two sucks when u have the acceleration to pull off some V6 but get smoked in the end when there passin you at 120 hondas have no govenor and some others dont maybe cuz the whole car runs on computer

·
Banned
384 Posts
every car has a govenor

idk if there is a way for you to take yours off considering there is no tuning.

swapping ecus wouldnt work

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
every car has a govenor

idk if there is a way for you to take yours off considering there is no tuning.

swapping ecus wouldnt work
i kinda figured no swaping but i heard there was some ppl who can flash ima check into that and keep you posted what i find out

·
Banned
384 Posts
u may have the sport package^^

the govenor is set around 125.

·
Registered
192 Posts
not all cars have them, but most typical passenger cars do. if you even plan on going faster, think of new tires first. one major reason for a governor is because the rubber fails at high speeds. if you're pulling on a car up to 110, then there really isnt a need to go much faster. i am in no way condoning attempting it. for the 07 ls i know of no way to remove. i say just dont do it

·
Banned
384 Posts
word. Cars have a govenor for a reason. Usually its because its for whatever stock tire is rated for. So taking it off and going those stupid speeds is retarded.

just leave it on, if it takes a car til 110 to pass you, youll get em in the 1/4

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have an 06 SS non supercharged and I've hit 125 once. most of the time its around 118-120 and i let off. most of the time just on the interstates i run 80, occasionaly 90 if i'm in a hurry and dont have my kids in the car.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok, so it sux having an automatic, admit it!

If you drive a stick, this is the unrealized simple trick around the governor(and yes, i changed my tires for a higher speed rating than factory, so i felt comfortable at the speed i went on a str8, flat, open highway):

If you drive an auto, cant help ya

In a Standard, if you know where your governor is set to, drop your car into 4th gear about 5 mph lower than your governor setting. The governor is only set to affect top gear, so in 4th, you can go a hell of alot faster..... say, like 136mph???

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah it sucks my tires are rated to about 130 but i only say that bout the gov is when i go to the track hell if ima drive more then 120 on the hwy these days around here cops impound ya car then make you watch while they crush it then lock u up for racin ill stick wit the 80s
they did that to my homebois neon srt4 was racin on the highway got pulled by 4 cops said he had more then 3 grand in fines after his court date suspended his license for a yr and then crushed his car then locked him up for a month
so sad

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yeah it sucks my tires are rated to about 130 but i only say that bout the gov is when i go to the track hell if ima drive more then 120 on the hwy these days around here cops impound ya car then make you watch while they crush it then lock u up for racin ill stick wit the 80s
they did that to my homebois neon srt4 was racin on the highway got pulled by 4 cops said he had more then 3 grand in fines after his court date suspended his license for a yr and then crushed his car then locked him up for a month
so sad
Glad i live in canada then :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok, so it sux having an automatic, admit it!

If you drive a stick, this is the unrealized simple trick around the governor(and yes, i changed my tires for a higher speed rating than factory, so i felt comfortable at the speed i went on a str8, flat, open highway):

If you drive an auto, cant help ya

In a Standard, if you know where your governor is set to, drop your car into 4th gear about 5 mph lower than your governor setting. The governor is only set to affect top gear, so in 4th, you can go a hell of alot faster..... say, like 136mph???
im almost positive that the governor affects 4th and 5th gear. i know on my LS it did. 105 in 4th gear and fuel still cut off.

shanksbaby, you're gonna have to do some extensive mods to trap a speed higher than 105 at the track.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
im almost positive that the governor affects 4th and 5th gear. i know on my LS it did. 105 in 4th gear and fuel still cut off.

shanksbaby, you're gonna have to do some extensive mods to trap a speed higher than 105 at the track.
My SS acted differently. I had a 2.4L, and when it got to the top speed in 5th, the rev limiter jumped in and stopped it going higher than 110. In fourth gear, i could surpass that. Come to think of it, i dont know if that car comes with a governor you'd wanna reach. The rev limiter bypass is a simple trick i used.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

well bein wit the mods i already have im govened at 112 and even then looks like it wants to go higher but i think thats the chip tryna push but the ecu still cuts the fuel off either way wit what i got ive smoked a few in runs and got smoked myself but over all top speed i lack when i get my turbo ill just race down the track and leave it at that besides gas is a motha these days
and i believe the balts only have 4 gears anyhow in autos manuals are dif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My SS acted differently. I had a 2.4L, and when it got to the top speed in 5th, the rev limiter jumped in and stopped it going higher than 110. In fourth gear, i could surpass that. Come to think of it, i dont know if that car comes with a governor you'd wanna reach. The rev limiter bypass is a simple trick i used.
see but thats a plus for you manual users us automatics aint that simple would be nice to do a trany swap

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Shanks, you are right, the autos are only 4 gears to the manual's 5 gears.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.