Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I bought my new to me 2005 chrysler crossfire 6 speed manual with 48,200 miles on it, a little more then 2 and a half months ago. I feel bad for not posting up any pictures yet. I've been trying to get it picture worthy. I've already spent a little over $1,300 on upgrades to the car. It has come a long way in this little amount of time. More mods to come. Getting tints next week :) But here are some shitty pics from my phone in order from day 1 to how it looks now. I'll do a photo shoot once I get my tints done.

I still miss my first girl :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supercharge it.

[Insert signature here]
Unfortunately there is no supercharger available or custom setup that will work.It's a topic discussed on the crossfire forum daily. There are only three options, all which aren't financially reasonable because by the time I would be done, I could have sold my car and shelled out the extra money on the 330hp srt-6 version and my custom setup on car still wouldn't be as fast or reliable as the srt-6. That being said, available options are: 1) turbocharging it. They have been in test production on two crossfires for about 6 months now tweaking the possible set up. 2) Drop a dodge V8 hemi into it, it has been done before and you could see it on youtube. Probably the easiest, most reliable option for the best hp gains. 3) Swap out this engine and all its part for the srt-6 engine and parts. Probably the cheapest, yet hardest thing to do because they only made the srt-6 with an Automanual and my car is a manual, so I would have to switch it over. Then I would need that car's ECU and so on and so fourth. To much drama and to expensive for a college student ending his junior year lol

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
my buddy has one identical to yours only silver, n yea the aftermarket kinda sucks for them which is a big bummer! either way its a nice upgrade over what you had. I upgraded myself and never looked back to my LT lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my buddy has one identical to yours only silver, n yea the aftermarket kinda sucks for them which is a big bummer! either way its a nice upgrade over what you had. I upgraded myself and never looked back to my LT lol
Yah aftermarket upgrades are limited turbo/supercharger wise, as well as wheel options since its a staggered set. Even worse is premium fuel and how expensive all the upgrades are lol But I love the car, big upgrade from the balt, especially in regards to the interior. But I still miss the old balt lol

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
We miss U 2.:cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.