Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cobalt is a 2008 LS and neither one of the cigarette lighters are working. I can't seem to find the fuse in either of the fuse boxes. What is it labeled in the owner's manual and on the actual fuse box?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
If you give me a sec, i'll run out to my car and check it out...

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Welcome to the forum btw!

·
Registered
151 Posts
i just seen a thread with a pic with the fuse pointed out gimme a sec to find it

The fuse for the lighter outlet is actually under the hood. The panel is connected to the ecm right next to the coolant resevoir and has a list on the underside of the cover as to what fuse is what. I've had to replace that fuse a few times. You will need a 20 amp fuse.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you even blew the fuse, how do you think you did it? my ipod is always plugged into my cigarette lighter. not sure if it would be enough to blow a fuse, but it just got me thinking

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you even blew the fuse, how do you think you did it? my ipod is always plugged into my cigarette lighter. not sure if it would be enough to blow a fuse, but it just got me thinking
turned out i did blow the fuse. i was told if you leave anything plugged into the cigarette lighters whether the car is on or off, it can blow the fuse and ruin the charger. it happened to my phone charger.

anyway, THANKS for the pics guys that solved my problem! got some fuses yesterday and the cigarette lighter is working!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.