Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good video but there are products out there that will do the same that are NOT corrosive. You guys did it in the driveway which WILL show the corrosive effects unless of course you rinse the driveway off into the grass which will then kill the grass along wherever you rinsed it to and then it will seep into the ground and eventually into local water wells or water springs and eventually into your local river or lake.

Just my rant for the day. There are NON-CORROSIVE products that work just as good.

The foaming tire spray you used will also eventually turn brown like tires do when you use that product on tires over and over without actually cleaning the tires in between foaming treatments.

Engine does look better though :bigsmile:

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Pet Peeves....

1. See comments above by Rubberdude...

2. Clearcoat is a better sealer for making an engine bay look better

3. Get a better camera, with a better mic

4. Tell your camera man to focus on the task, not the murder down the street, or himself. you're a shooting a video to help people DIY, we don't need him looking in the camera like Bill and Ted wondering... "Is this thing on" it is unprofessional and idiotic.

5. Tell the Camera operator to shut up. He walked over you many times when you were talking. Again, not cool

6. FIx your sound mix, the burnout take off noise is way too loud and your dialog track is way too low.

Sorry to be so critical, appreciate the vid, but things like that annoy me... especially being an independent filmmaker.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Why are people still making these kinds of videos. Now adays you can just blast the engine bay with a degreaser at the car wash and then simply wash it off. Then just spit shine w/ armor all. That easy! I agree with rubber dude that you should put a clear coat on for easy cleaning later if thats your thing but way too much work for such a simple task. Although if you are working with a car from the 90's like these two are then you do have to cover some things up. People make me laugh!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.