Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something to clean the rubber seals around the car as well as vinyl stripes for longevity.

I noticed my coupe vinyl is starting to crack as well as a few of the rubber seals so if there is any way I can slow this process down I would be happier. :)

I have been using either armorall or the like around the car, but if that's the best bet, how often should I be applying?

thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
the classic trick is to use silicone lubricant, it rejuvenates the seals and prevents further cracks and damage. I use to use armor all, but it has very limited effects. In fact, I was surprised that when I bought the silicone lubricant, it even said that it was one of its purposes/function is to maintain and rejuvenate weather seals. The best is to spray that stuff and saturate your weather seals in it and leave it overnight until you wash your car.

armor all IMO should be applied as much as possible if you use it for this purpose. silicone lube, well I would think twice a month and the more critical places once a week, depending on conditions. I don't have a garage, if I did I would apply it less.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Armor All, is good for just shining stuff up on the inside, and if you ask the car nuts out there, they all say that you should stay away from that stuff if you are treating Vinyl! It just shines it up, and dries it out at the same time. It doesn't let the stuff breath like a silicone treatment does. Try the Meguires stuff, I forgot what it is called, but it is silicone based and safe for rubber and vinyl, but if you have the money, look for the Mother's brand stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.