Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah did something stupid lol forgot to removie the old oil gasket from a freinds car before putting the new one on and it spewed oil everywhere on start up:amazed: :blink::nuts::laugh:

so anywhoo theres a nice oil stain on my driveway now, how do I get rid of this(doing it tomorrow im a few drinks in now and in now mood lol)

I'm thinkin some dish soap and a pressure washer?

thoughts on cleaning?

btw yes I know stuipid mistake, guess I didnt think about it.. durrr

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well once it happend we soaked it up with sawdust.. most of it, then I took the powerwasher to it after, but I know I'm going to wake up to a big stain and just figured I'd ask what the easiest way to deal with it would be, I'm still thinking dish soap lol.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
After my fiasco with the Walmart TLE, I found some concentrated all purpose cleaner at the Dollar Tree in the cleaning section that worked great. Made the huge ugly oil spot into a brely noticable spot. One dollar per 32 oz bottle, poured it directly onto the spot and scrubbed into the spot, rinse with good pressure water, and repeat as necessary. Took about two bottles to make the spot almost disappear. Worked good enough at the rental place that I did not get charged for the stain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually use the ZEP Orange Cleaner from Homey Depot. Used it on my front porch, and it took all the mess of there. Also used it a few years ago to clean my Jeep valve cover, darn thing shined inside when I was done.

I wouldn't see why Dawn dish detergent wouldn't work, just scrub it in and let it soak.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks for the replies:bigsmile:, after work I bought a huge bag of kitty litter($5 30Kg bag Walmart FTW) and dumped it all over the oil patch(supposed to soak it up through the asphault) then in the morning im gonna scoop it all up and use detergent and a pressure washer to dimminish it as good as I can.

Honestly the driveway looks like shit anyways(its all cracked and faded and busted) and if it were mine I would just leave it, but my Dad wants it cleaned up so I will :noworry:

Oh and I work at homedepot and that Zep line of cleaners kicks ass, we use it all over the store and I love it, its kinda pricy though so I'm trying the cheapest routes first, seems everyone says to start with the kitty litter over night so thats what I'm doin :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
I was reading that you can apperently burn the stain out:amazed:..:smile1:

yes no?
yeah sure take some matches and some extra lighter fluid, light it, then wait as someone as someone probably already called the fire dept, why, because you just set your driveway on fire..........:eek:h: imbored

but yeah sawdust, kitty litter, or heavy duty oil stain remover

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
speedy dry, sweep, degreaser, power washer, accept the fact that you now have a permanent oil stain on your driveway that will slowly eat away the asphalt.
I have oil stains on my driveway from 8 years ago and the concrete is still intact, how long does it take for oil to eat concrete away?

Have also seen huge stains on ashphalt and after time they just disappear without damaging the ashpalt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.