Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the process of painting my bowtie (i made a thread, i know) i got the krylon black paint for plastics all painted on and dried (about 8-9 coats; i had to cover a crack) and then added the clear coats (about 3-5 coats, some heavier than others : / ) anyways on the back of the can it said that the clear coat would turn "milky" in appearance for about 24 hours. i did the last coat around 1am last night and checked on it about 7:15am this morning before heading to work; the paint was still very milky...it did not clear up even a little bit. im worried that it wont clear up completely. did i use too much clear coat? has anyone else had this same issue? sorry for all the questions, i'm new at painting things ha

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeah id say 5 coats of clear is alot.
I just did my tail lights and all i did was 2 coats of clear. But yes it does take a long time to dry. wait it out and see, because you put so many heavy coats on their it might take a real long time to dry.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah you can paint black over the clear again.

Or you can completly remove the paint with like nail polish remover.

But i would just try sanding it down alot then repainting black then 2 coats of clear.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yeahif it doesnt tgurn out good, just sand the shit out of it and put some more black paint and 2 clear coats and thats it. No problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.