Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has 15,600 miles. and i noticed a spot near the rear bowtie that looked like a chip in the paint. it seemed to be wide spread and like it was peeling. i remembered seeing owners complaining of their clear coats peeling so i brought it in to the dealer. they checked it out and said they will repaint the whole trunk. after washing it today i noticed the same spots in my hood and side skirts... as much as i support GM. the quality just isnt where it should be

heres a pic i took of the hood

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks bad. Never noticed anything like it on mine. You might be able to get them to re paint the entire car.
yeah its not pretty. im just suprised they didnt pass it over as a scratch or something. they said they would repaint the trunk, because at the time it was all i had seen and showed them. but when i go back ill show them the other spots and hope they do the same

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Probably damage from shipping. A large number of cars get issue with rail dust.

·
Registered
489 Posts
When I bought my car last April the hood had 5 spots on it where the clear was peeling had them repaint it before I got it. Like Nighthawk said I think it was rail dust that caused it. Also it don't help that our paint is really poor on our cars. My car was a scratchy mess too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.