Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Ive been having this weird problem. Sometimes, if I have acc. power on for awhile(approx. 30-120 min), the power will cut out and I only get clicking when I turn the key over. The first time this happened, I replaced the batt. figuring it was dead(I bought used). No luck. This still occasionally happens. Even weirder is that if I leave my car alone for a couple hours and then try again, it starts right up! If I dont have time for that, a jump start works just as well. I think it might be some bad connections or the starter relay/solenoid is blown. But then again, I only get this every couple weeks or so. My warranty does not cover electricals so Id really appreciate any help.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...Any electrical people on here???

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It really just sounds like you had a dead battery, A battery has the ability to slightly recharge itself when unused for a small period of a time. How often has it happened?

·
Registered
49 Posts
When the battery get below a certain voltage,theres a box that shuts off the power. After a few minutes it should reset,if not its either a bad battery or corroded conections on the batt terminals,leaven your acc on that long isn't recomended.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Clicking is the starter solenoid...if it clicks sometimes even with a with a fully charged battery I'd suspect the solenoid has some carbon build-up on the contacts inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.