Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while fellow brobalts but here's the deal:

I just had my brake pads replaced and rotors turned.
Whenever I brake very lightly, like when trying to slow down slowly in a parking lot or even on the highway, there is a clicking, creaking noise that comes from the front end driver's side.
It does this at pretty even intervals while braking so it's just like click, click, click. It's not sporadic or anything if that helps.

In the past six months I've had a new CV axle put in on that side and like I said new pads and rotors turned.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys so thanks in advance!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Who did the brake job? Did they remove the rust from the edge? Did they bevel the perimeter of the rotor after turning? Did they replace the stainless guides? Were the pads adjusted for proper fitting?
Did they accidently bend the backing plate shield against rotor?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are all good questions, my friend but quite frankly I don't think it's the brakes and here's why:
It's actually been doing this since before I had the brakes done.

I can't say that I'm 100% positive it's NOT the brakes so I'm not telling you you're wrong by any means. When I get a chance I'm going to go out to the parking lot and take a look under the car and see if anything stands out.

Hopefully this information helps a little lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sorry I tought you said it started after you had the brakes done. I can't be wrong because I just asked questions to try and understand so I could eventually give a solution. Then I'll be wrong....lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did they also work on the rear brakes? Sometimes the backing plates on the rear can get bent in and touch the drums. On the front the only thing I can think about might be the pad warning devices that could I guess be touching the rotors. They are only susposed to make a noise when the pads are wore down.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Lift up the car and retorque the wheel. See if that helps...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine makes a creaking noise too when slowly pressing the brakes.. idk what it is but I know I have to get .my rotors cut since it shakes when I brake quick. I changed the pads on mine recently and that's when it started. I thought it was because I need to bleed my brake lines but km not sure. Anyone have a solution?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.