Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just bought a Cobalt LS 2010 from a friend and she told me the turned signals had stopped working a couple months ago. I saw on the forums that this is a very common issue with the Cobalt, the speaker being very poorly made.
BUT one day, and one day only, the clicking sound reappeared . So is my speaker not completely dead ? I don’t know if it makes any sense but it was a very hot day and I felt like it revive the speaker for a bit…

thanks for your help !!!

fafa

·
Registered
661 Posts
Can you change the radio balance and fade, Front to Rear and left to right? Set your radio to all front and check your front speakers.

The turn signal click as well as various warning chimes are generated by the radio and pumped the the left front speaker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you change the radio balance and fade, Front to Rear and left to right? Set your radio to all front and check your front speakers.

The turn signal click as well as various warning chimes are generated by the radio and pumped the the left front speaker.
Hi! Thanks for your answer.
I tried ca that and indeed the front left speaker is not working. The weird thing is that the other day it worked for the whole day and it got me wondering if it could easily be fixed…

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is quite possible there is a loose wire causing that. I just changed out both front speakers on the '08. The pass side one looked rusty and obviously bad. But the driver side looked as good as the new one I was putting in. But both were dead. As soon as I plugged in the driver side one the chimes rang out. Nice to have the turn signal click and chimes working again.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There are several posts on how and why to change your stock speakers. Not too hard to do and reasonable speakers delivered for $20. Your biggest challenge is how you make electrical connections and how to protect the speakers from water in the stock door location.
I just need to find the logic or signal source to adjust the volume of the chime....I know there is a way via a resistor or cap or both..just not high on my list right now.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have had working speakers in the driver door. Installed different speakers. And still no turn signal sound, lights on sound. Things like that. I have tried to mess with it with my Matco scanner to no avail. Might have to have a Tech II scanner to access the module or something. Anyways it doesn’t bother me too much except when I on the rare occasion manually turn the headlights on. I usually just let the automatic lights do their thing. Lucky I’ve got LED lights so after accidentally leaving them on for several hours, no problems. Plus a fairly new battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I just bought a Cobalt LS 2010 from a friend and she told me the turned signals had stopped working a couple months ago. I saw on the forums that this is a very common issue with the Cobalt, the speaker being very poorly made.
BUT one day, and one day only, the clicking sound reappeared . So is my speaker not completely dead ? I don’t know if it makes any sense but it was a very hot day and I felt like it revive the speaker for a bit…

thanks for your help !!!

fafa
Before buying new speakers, pry off your door panel (you can find the videos on youtube) to check the speaker connection. If the connection is good, then it's time to get some new speakers. We purchased a really nice set for $60 and also purchased the wiring adapter so it all went together very easily. Now our turn signals are very loud (maybe too loud but we'll live with it)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts