Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the fan switch on the climate control? My niece has her fan blowing all the time. We are going to take the fuse out and at least stop that. Do these switches go regularly? How difficult is it to replace the unit?
thanks.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Umm… I’ve only heard about the lowest setting making a chirping noise. Have you checked the resistors? If that’s what you mean by the switch, those should be easy to change. If you’re talking about the whole motor or the actual knob on the instrument panel then I have no clue… But you could always go buy a repair manual.

Hopefully someone else will come along and give you a better answer! But for the record... I tried :embarrest:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, well, I can't even unplug the blower motor. It has one of those connectors iwth a little blue tab on it. Ordered the HVAC control so will replace that and see....waiting for FedEx. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received the FedEx yesterday and went to the dealership and bought the fan motor resistor. Turns out I didn't need the resistor. It was the HVAC control panel that was bad. The fan would blow at full blast and wouldn't turn off. Easy repair. Just rip the trim off the top of the glovebox and to the right of the steering wheel, then remove the center trim piece, two bolts, the HVAC control pops right out, make the electrical connection and you're done. This car may be rudimentary but it's a joy to work on so far for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.