Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the forums. I have had my cobalt since 2011. It is a 2008 LS 2.2 with a manual transmission. The clutch has started to feel off (not engaging until the better is almost released.) Still has the original clutch from my understanding. I have also been looking into getting a lighter flywheel, figured this would be a good time to get it if I am going to have someone replacing the clutch. I looking for some suggestions on the flywheel and if I should just get an OEM replacement clutch kit would be ok to use with a lighter flywheel or if I should get a performance clutch kit.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you have no plans for modifying your cobalt, I would just use all stock parts. Make sure when you you do the clutch you get a new throwout bearing too... I wish I would have gotten a new flywheel and throwout bearing when I did mine in my 2.2. I had my original flywheel resurfaced, now I have some chatter, and I think the throwout bearing is on its way out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have plans to modify my Cobalt. And I will be, I talked to a buddy of mine who owns a garage, he gave me a list of all the parts that I would need in order to make sure that the replacement works correctly.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I have a used lightweight flywheel I could sell for pretty cheap. Let me know, it would need to be resurfaced before it's used.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andrew, I am definitely interested in the flywheel. Tried to PM you but i am too new to the forum. Just curious what the flywheel is made from and how much are you looking to get for it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I've got to look it up but it'd probably be cheap to ship. Let me look at it and see.

I see you're in Syracuse, not too far away so it'll be very cheap, I'd even meet you in Rochester if you wanted but that's up to you.

Here's the one I have, I can get you pics if you're interested. I'd do $175 shipped with me covering PayPal fees.
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5306

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will agree to that. You can go ahead and ship it, I am in no rush, I am still waiting on the clutch kit.
I just need your paypal information

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Okay then I'll ship it tonight through FedEx, just be sure to include your shipping address through PayPal.

[email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Payment has been sent and address was included.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Received I'll go ship it now.

Edit: FedEx tracking number is 780009396660

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much Andrew!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You're welcome. It's in a box labeled stampin up but it's just all I could find in the right size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.