Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install a new clutch pad and/or pressure plate in our cars? i was wondering because I got quoted for 1100 with parts and install at a dealer. Parts are like 200 bucks for the stock so If I just installed it myself I could buy an aftermarket clutch and install it myself. As always, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
How hard is it to install a new clutch pad and/or pressure plate in our cars? i was wondering because I got quoted for 1100 with parts and install at a dealer. Parts are like 200 bucks for the stock so If I just installed it myself I could buy an aftermarket clutch and install it myself. As always, thanks for the help!
from 1-10, i say it's about an 8. you need a hoist and a transmission jack to do the job. The dealer or shop charge also includes a wheel alignment, for in order to replace the clutch, you must remove the sub-frame from under the car. Both CV driveshafts have to be pulled, thus requiring a few "oversized" sockets, and the alternator has to be dropped from the car too. Otherwise, if you want to tackle it yourself, i can do a DIY writeup on it, not including pictures, you would have to get them yourself unfortunately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.