Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was close to the end of my 288 mile trip last week and what I guess was the clutch started to act up. I went to pass someone and the car revved about 750-1000rpms above where it should have been. It felt as if the clutch was being engaged. Anyway, it made it very difficult to accelerate and happened in every gear from then until I arrived at my house. Every time I tried to accelerate it would slip to a certain point and then when I let off the gas a little it would grab again. No noise or anything, just a slip. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could troubleshoot this problem. I went to the dealership and they gave me some b.s. about how the clutch isn't covered under the 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain. The car is an 05 and 42k miles.

The warranty states....

"The case, all internal parts, torque converter, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals, clutch, and gaskets are within the 5 years of 60,000 mile powertrain coverage period."

I was informed this only means automatic which complete crap!

Anyway, I anxiously await any feedback.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Give them HELL! trust me, i got really ticked off when my clutch went at 29k miles, 2 weeks after my transmission overhauled, they gave me a BS runaround, it's total crap!

·
Registered
11 Posts
GM wont do anything about it! mine went out at 12k... i was pissed because their bs not coverd. wut ever . supposedly there was a recall about the clutch , it was just silent though... so i just bought a stage II clutch and im at 60k right now and no problems so far...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never herd of a car warranty that covers items that wear out over time during normal use. They would cover brake pads and tires too. But if that is what your warranty says then hold their feet to the fire

·
Registered
360 Posts
The warranty states....

"The case, all internal parts, torque converter, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals, clutch, and gaskets are within the 5 years of 60,000 mile powertrain coverage period."

I was informed this only means automatic which complete crap!

Thanks in Advance!

This is because automatics rarely break durring warranty period. lol
unless abused.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, automatics just break right after the warranty period. GM has lost my loyalty. All I had ever owned was Chevy vehicles until I ran into a bunch of problems with my last 2500HD Duramax from them. Had a S10 before that with a garbage transmission and 4.10 gears. How do you get 17mpg in a 4 cylinder truck? honestly.....Before that it was a Z28 that the transmission crapped out on at 60k miles.....complete junk.

Now its on to BMW and the quality is unmatchable especially by the garbage we should be embarrassed to say is American made. REAL leather dash, doors, seats, everything. 32 mpg out of a 6 cylinder and plenty of get up and go. Pathetically easy oil changes. Smooth ride, comfortable and simply unbelievable compared to the latest and greatest GM heap of scrap tin foil.

Anyway, this clutch problem is with my girlfriends car and I was wondering what everyone has used to replace these OEM pieces of garbage?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.