Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting this thread because I'm starting to mod my 2010 LT Auto, and for now, I'm planning on keeping it NA. I was wondering what kinds of numbers people are putting up with their NA builds. Once I get all my bolt-ons and tune, I'll post my 0-60 time, but probably gonna skip the dyno because money.

So, fellow NA drivers, what kinds of numbers are you putting up?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
From what I've seen, 150-180. 180 is talking everything - intake manifold, throttle body, cams, head work, etc...

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Trifecta quoted me at ~145whp with full bolt-ons (CAI, LSJ TB, LE5 IM, ZZP midlength w/1.75" primaries & 200 cell cat'd DP and GMPP catback on 94 pump) on my '06 L61. The LAP should be able to take advantage of VVT and put out a little more, although the autobox may cut some of that power off. I would guesstimate you'd be about par with an early '00s Sentra SE-R Spec V. Not too bad really.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It'll definitely be nice to wake up an economy car. Plus, I think the Cobalt looks a little nicer than an early 00's Sentra! :toung:

Honestly, I was hoping to see some people brag about their high powered NA builds.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yeah, not really much you can do when you only have 2.2L of displacement and four cylinders, honestly, without boost.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, yeah, a 4 banger won't do much without boost, but I was thinking maybe someone who just really wanted a high powered NA that managed to push it to like 200-220 HP. Then again, that's probably pretty unrealistic. :embarrest:

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Ha, well, anything is possible with a lot of money. But you start to run into driveability issues with an NA build making that much power. Boost will make more power, without sacrificing the driveability of the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
If that's the road you wish to follow, then by all means, do it. I myself wanted to go that route and had big plans for my little 4 pot, but the Sith lord of boost whispered dirty things in my ear and made me do something I would later regret. The NA gets no love these days unless you've got at least 8 cylinders breathing for you.

Has anyone developed comp cams for the LAP yet? TTR had a few for the L61 until the 2006 model year. I would've liked to go for one of those.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I think it's similar to how the Post '06 L61 cams are - people are able to machine the cam sensors on.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I have intake, intake manifold, badmab header, custom downpipe with a magnaflo hi flo cat and tsudo cat back exhaust, all with a trifecta tune. I dyno'd at 140 hp 120 ftlb torque

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are pretty much the mods I'm going to be doing to mine. How much faster did it actually feel after you did all the mods?

Also, I like your car! Nice and clean look.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
lemme dfind my dyno sheet I'll get the exact numbers...
the exact numbers were 140.25 hp 126.69 ftlbs of torque

Thanks pathros, and yeah I can feel the increase in power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.