Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I hate how my stock LS looks with the front bumper and mud flaps I Just wanted to know if my 2006 LS can have the 2006 SS body kit, Skirts, Back and Front Bumpers with Fog lights included. No power locks. Pictures of my LS below.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Yea it shouldn't have a problem since its a coupe. The sedans can't use the rear SS coupe bumper.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it shouldn't have a problem since its a coupe. The sedans can't use the rear SS coupe bumper.
Great, good to know. But will foglights be able to work as well since I don't have auto power locks on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
227 Posts
For fog lights to work you either need to get a wiring harness for them, or wire them up yourself. I just used wire from Lowes and a switch I had and after about 3 hours they were all wired up.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great, good to know. But will foglights be able to work as well since I don't have auto power locks on the steering wheel?

How do you get Pandora? I have Pandora at home with DirectTV, and Sirus XM in my car. Would really like to get my Pandora list in my car!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Been down that road already and really just look for a clean LSJ to get and sell yours. I know you don't want to hear that but I have the same things done to mine and yours will never be fast being an 06 because of trifecta so just get the real SS/SC.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Haha, I'm the same way. Dropped some big bills in my base and it ain't no SS that's for sure. If you're looking for speed/power, you have two options. a) Completely overhaul your LS and go FI, or b) trade it in for a real SS. I have the same engine as yours, and fully bolted and looney tuned by Trifecta, it's only good for about 145whp. So you're looking at an intake, throttle body, intake manifold, header, downpipe, catback and tune to make the same power as a 2.4. Really isn't worth the trouble imo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For all the money you put into bolt ons, you can probably find and buy a supercharger.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well just think, if you buy an SS you will have to pay SS insurance. Depending on your rates, you could save more money in the long run by converting your car to a SS. I know personally that is why I bought an LT over a SS.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
That's a reasonable argument, but the better value is still in the SS. With a few minor bolt-ons and a tune, you could be pushing 300whp in an SS/TC. If you wanted to match that in a 2.2, you'd have to turbo swap, redo internals, get a full exhaust and a good tune, not to mention handling/support mods to keep it together. The cost of which would more than equal the difference between the price of an SS and an LT, and you'd be in it for much more work as well. Not to say it's a stupid idea, it just isn't as cost or time efficient. Still, I've always had a place in my heart for sleepers. Keep the LS bumpers and wheel covers and smoke that sorry kid in his Accord who drives like a dick.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If you're serious about doing it over you're easily going to be 3k or more in mods. Looking to engine swap mine now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was going to do the same thing, but I have neither the tools or the time to pull the whole K frame off of two cars to do the swap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.