Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how all the threads have been erased, I figure I could write another one.

I am the co-founder of Cobalt-Addicts. We are in Tulsa and looking for people who are wanting to find other cobalt owners who are wanting to meet other cobalt owners and have some fun. If you are interesed then send me your email or phone number so that way I can get in touch with you somehow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Since the system got hacked or what ever and most everyone had to start back at zero and reach ten post before being able to send pm's, i can't reply to all that have asked about Cobalt-Addicts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Quick.. make 5 more posts!
Damn these minimum post requirements!!!!

dkanderson added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

I own a 2008 cobalt
I'm interested! Please reply to yourcobalt.com/5784
As soon as i can send PM's i will send them out to all that have posted for information, And thanks for all that have shown interest.

·
Registered
869 Posts
So when exactly and how often do you guys meet up? Are there club dues and special events and such? I live in Edmond, but i wouldnt mind driving awhile to meet you guys somewhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So when exactly and how often do you guys meet up? Are there club dues and special events and such? I live in Edmond, but i wouldnt mind driving awhile to meet you guys somewhere.
Currently there is no membership fees, but i do have a set of guidelines that i would like all members to read over and ask any questions that they have about them. We are trying to get more cobalt owners in this southern area to join so that we can start going to car shows and such as a group and possible get some kind of special events started. We try to get more people to come out every weekend (friday and saturday nights around 9pm), but here in tulsa all everyone wants to do is race and talk smack about other cars or the females that drive cobalts are out here just trying to get a piece of a$$. No one in the tulsa area seems to be interested, mostly cause there has yet to be a bunch of balt owners show up in one spot and also just cruise to show off the balts.

dkanderson added 5 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

I would like for all the cobalt owners in the area to try to find a suitable time for all of us to meet up and cruise one weekend night. I will also post the guidelines if anyone would like to read over them. Also the reason that i have made these guidelines (or rules if you may) is because when i had first tried to start this club up, there was a lot things that happened and verbal agreements were broken about what can and cant happen in the car club. So the rules will be posted shortly....

dkanderson added 9 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

COBALT_ADDICTS
RULES AND REGULATIONS

We don’t just hang out on weekend nights and cruise around the local hang outs. Please note that Cobalt-Addicts members attend car shows just about every weekend of the summer, some weeks there will be events on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Being apart of a car club is a very expensive hobby; most shows and events have a fee to participate; all members and applicants should be working or have some sort of income coming in so that you can participate in the year’s events, as well as in the construction of your vehicle(car/bike/truck).

Street racing/highway racing is illegal and dangerous. Cobalt-Addicts cannot be held liable for any actions of recklessness or irresponsible driving. If you do race or speed, that is your choice, however we are NOT to be held liable for any tickets or accidents you may have.

Cobalt-Addicts discourage applicants that may be in other commitments such as college, and or non working applicants. This great hobby is very expensive and addictive; we do not want college students to loose focus on very important career decisions. Cobalt-Addicts will accept student’s if the applicant feel’s that they can afford to support the club in the year’s events, there own personal show car/bike/truck without compromising there education.

CARS
1. All Chevy Cobalt models are allowed.

2. All Pontiac G5 models are allowed.

3. All cars will need to be clean, interior and exterior. There will be inspections before each run of all cars, interior and exterior.

4. All cars need to be free of slang and offensive decals/graphics.

5. All cars will be subjected to placing the club’s logo/graphic on the car. Each member must display the club logo on the outside of the car. No competitive club logos may be on the car. In the event that a member sells their vehicle the logo must be removed.

MEMBERS
1. New members will begin as three-month “probationary” members. At the end of the three-month period the founding members will notify you in regards to your membership status. After successful completion of the probationary period, you will become an “Official” member of Cobalt-Addicts.

2. Only people with either a Cobalt or a G5 are allowed.

3. Official members must have a minimum of two significant modifications. Significant modifications include, but are not limited too: Rim and Tires, Body Kit, Custom Paint, ICE (In Car Entertainment), Turbos, Intake, Exhaust and Custom Interior. On the other hand, we do want to maintain a certain level of quality with regard to our membership vehicles. Therefore exaggerated accessories (such as huge wings), inappropriate or inaccurate graphics and/or poor workmanship should not be a characteristic of any of our club vehicles.

4. All members will be required to purchase a 2way personal “talk about” radio capable of a 22 mile range. This will be used on runs to convey messages to other members of the convoy.

5. Although it is not required, it is highly suggested that you also purchase a quality radar/laser detector. A police scanner radio is also suggested, but once again not required.

6. All trash talking of other fellow members and/or their vehicles and/or their family is prohibited. If you have a problem with one of the other members then take it up with one of the founders of Cobalt_Addicts.

7. All competition between other fellow members is prohibited. We are a type of family, or brotherhood, so act as one.

8. If any member has an issue with their car you may turn to another member of the club for help. Offer your assistance to other members when you hear of them having an issue with their car.

9. Convoy Leaders will be chosen 3 days before all runs. It will be their responsibility to arrive to the meeting location before the run ahead of time to be the start of the convoy line.

10. All members must submit a request for a run 1.5 months in advance to the founders and must receive an approval response. Once an approval response has been granted you will be the Run Coordinator, and will be responsible for setting up the run and informing ALL members at least 3 weeks in advance.

11. All members must attend all meetings and at least one event in a one month period (during show season). If you cannot attend a meeting or event , PLEASE contact one of the founders or the Run Coordinator in advance via phone or e-mail in a reasonable amount of time.

12. Please note: We have a three-strike rule. We realize we all have other priorities and commitments in our lives beside our club, but poor communication creates an unnecessary stress on planning and punctuality. This affects everyone in one way or another, but even more so it affects the founders and the Run Coordinators. Should the three strike rule apply to you, your membership will return to a probationary status. The rule is not intended to terminate any member(s), but repeated offenders can be eventually terminated.

13. Cobalt-Addicts are proud of the positive reputation and relationships with other car clubs and the general public throughout the south. Therefore, we expect all members to maintain and promote this quality at all times.

14. Event Roll-In: Always done in single file and in an orderly fashion. Burnouts, excessive noise or behavior that can create a negative image of our club will not be tolerated. Select events will have a mandatory attendance.

15. All members are expected to attend and enjoy all of the year’s events. Negative attitudes or comments regarding judging at shows will not be tolerated. Car judging is not a science…sometimes judges make mistakes, but most of the time it’s our pride that’s hurt…don’t embarrass yourself or the club.

16. DRUG & ALCOHOL: Illegal drugs and users of them are not welcome, accepted or tolerated in our club. Your membership will be terminated immediately and membership fees will not be prorated or refunded. Legal and responsible drinking of alcoholic beverages will be allowed only at social gatherings/celebrations. However, drinking of alcoholic beverages at events or any venue that requires the operation of you vehicle is not allowed.

BEFORE A RUN
1. Make sure that you vehicle is mechanically ready for a run. If you are experiencing any problems sort them out before the run, otherwise you will just inconvenience others, or even the entire group.

2. All vehicles must be legally registered and street worthy. Bald tires, smokey exhaust, etc. gives the club a poor image to the public… and the police!

3. Ensure your vehicle is fuelled up, well before the estimated departure time.

4. Make sure you have any brand of personal “talk about” radio capable of a 22 mile range. Channel of use will be stated during driver briefing session, do not change channels for any reason.

5. Unless specified otherwise you should eat before you leave your home.

6. Arrive well before the estimated departure time to hear any last minute changes or directions. Vehicles arriving during the driver’s briefing session are not only distracting but also very annoying.

7. You must be ready to depart when told to start your engines.

8. When asked to line up at particular places make your way there as quickly as possible, and line up behind Convoy Leader.

9. Burnouts and other similar displays are prohibited at all times except during specified events or otherwise specified.

10. Speeding and not following other traffic rules is prohibited except otherwise specified or in a bona fide emergency.

DURING A RUN
1. All vehicles in a convoy should display parking lights or emergency flashers. This indicates to other drivers that you are part of a convoy and accordingly other vehicles should not break into convoy.

2. Never ever pass your Convoy Leader. The CL has been given the responsibility to set the pace and ensure that everyone arrives at the final location as a group.

3. On runs where more than twenty vehicles attend, multiple convoys with their own CL will be formed. Convoys will not pass one another except in the event of a breakdown or an emergency.

4. Stay in the same lane as the CL, do not drive side by side. Frustrated drivers, blocked by a group of Cobalts spread across several lanes, are a danger to everyone.

5. On winding roads use your regular cornering techniques and leave plenty of space from the vehicle in front of you.

6. From one stop point to the next, stay in the same location in the group – there should never be any reason for you to pass another member on the road. Take special note of who is in front of you and who is behind.

7. Stay aware of the vehicle behind you. Should you find your self at the end of a group which has been split then wait at any turnoff to direct those following and radio to the CL of the situation.

WHEN STOPPING
1. When stopping, get off the road as quickly as possible.

2. At a fuel stop, fuel up as quickly as possible. Once you have filled you tank then move you vehicle out of the way – be considerate of others.

3. Upon arriving at the final run location, a leaving time will be advised for the main group going back. If you wish to travel with this group BE READY TO GO ON TIME! If you will not be accompanying the main group back you must inform the Run Coordinator and you CL.

IN CASE OF A PROBLEM OR AN EMERGENCY
1. If a vehicle breaks down then no more than two other members should stop to assist, and radio ahead to the CL of your group or the Run Coordinator.

2. Should your vehicle break down or experience other problems requiring you to stop, stay with your vehicle. Contact another member with radio or mobile phone.

3. During traffic delays or slow moving traffic, be courteous to other drivers including those who do not drive Cobalts.

It is also possible for these rules to change at any time if change is deemed necessary.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Cool, get the rules up here so i can check em out.

Do all meeting have to be in Tulsa? Cuz there are a few drags around here that we could definitely get some attention at. As long as you dont mind civic owners bugging you all night lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, get the rules up here so i can check em out.

Do all meeting have to be in Tulsa? Cuz there are a few drags around here that we could definitely get some attention at. As long as you dont mind civic owners bugging you all night lol.
Aight Rules Are Up!!! And no not all the meeting have to be in tulsa, but we need to make sure that there are plenty of balt owners showing up where ever we go to. I really want to make a strong impression and get a good following of balt owners, maybe even get it to spread to other states eventially... And if you see any other balt owners then try to get them interested as well... Thanks for the support!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i just finished reading the rules. Seems really strict, not relaxed like i thought a club should be. I dont think this is for me. Thanks though.
It may seem really strict, but it's not really i just have these rules here because there are lots of people in other clubs that do basically everything opposite from what i have posted. But the basic components that we focus on is:

6. All trash talking of other fellow members and/or their vehicles and/or their family is prohibited. If you have a problem with one of the other members then take it up with one of the founders of Cobalt_Addicts.

All competition between other fellow members is prohibited. We are a type of family, or brotherhood, so act as one.

13. Cobalt-Addicts are proud of the positive reputation and relationships with other car clubs and the general public throughout the south. Therefore, we expect all members to maintain and promote this quality at all times.

14. Event Roll-In: Always done in single file and in an orderly fashion. Burnouts, excessive noise or behavior that can create a negative image of our club will not be tolerated. Select events will have a mandatory attendance.

15. All members are expected to attend and enjoy all of the year’s events. Negative attitudes or comments regarding judging at shows will not be tolerated. Car judging is not a science…sometimes judges make mistakes, but most of the time it’s our pride that’s hurt…don’t embarrass yourself or the club.

16. DRUG & ALCOHOL: Illegal drugs and users of them are not welcome, accepted or tolerated in our club. Your membership will be terminated immediately and membership fees will not be prorated or refunded. Legal and responsible drinking of alcoholic beverages will be allowed only at social gatherings/celebrations. However, drinking of alcoholic beverages at events or any venue that requires the operation of you vehicle is not allowed.

BEFORE A RUN

DURING A RUN

WHEN STOPPING

These are the basic things that we focus on, but at the same time we also prefer that the other rules be taking into consideration.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we would really like to try to get the car club back up and goin... So if anyone is interested then that would be awesome... We are also open for other branches in other areas... we just really want this to kick off and boom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.