Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cobalt Owners Age Range?

This hasn't been brought up for a few years, but what ages are you all? I myself am an old guy at 32, but love sport compacts, and hate hondas. So age doesn't change that fact of life. Lmao.

What kind of budget have you all been working with, and time frames for mods? I have about $150 a month unless i bank it for something bigger, which is why mine gets pieced together slowly. Most of the thing i have done, and will be doing are cheap customizations like painting things and making it unique. Thanks everyone who participates in these threads, and answers the questions that are asked respectfully.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I'm 25, but sometimes display the maturity of a 7 year-old, especially when I get behind the wheel. I've limited myself on modifications not because of budget, but rather this little voice in my head that begs me to trade up and get myself something with a bit more credential. However, after finding out the hard way that nobody in Montreal actually wants to buy a used Pontiac, and certainly not a manual one, I might be spending a little bit of coin to get her at least semi track worthy. And honestly, fancy paint, body kits and stickers are not high on my list of must-haves. I prefer the stock 'Sleeper' look, and the look on the guy with the Lancer's face when he gets smoked by a little Pontiac he thought he could walk all over. Haha, what a chode.

·
Registered
498 Posts
jonny b thinks he is old at 32????:ROFLOL:

55 here but don't feel like it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jonny b thinks he is old at 32????:ROFLOL:

55 here but don't feel like it.
Lol! I don't think i am old all the time, but most of the people who mod sport compacts are in the 16-25 range, so that makes me "old". Most people between you and i have upgraded their car choice to something that isn't as "cheap" as a cobalt. Lol

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lol! I don't think i am old all the time, but most of the people who mod sport compacts are in the 16-25 range, so that makes me "old". Most people between you and i have upgraded their car choice to something that isn't as "cheap" as a cobalt. Lol
Yeah I know. I just got divorced this year, was separated for two years. I just wanted a cheap reliable commuter to work. It's reliable and is paid for. Getting divorced is kind of like starting over again, so I got set back a few years.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
27. I try and limit myself to 1k a year, but last year was more like 3k plus paying the car off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know. I just got divorced this year, was separated for two years. I just wanted a cheap reliable commuter to work. It's reliable and is paid for. Getting divorced is kind of like starting over again, so I got set back a few years.
I hear that sir!! I wish i would have been married so i atleast got half of my stuff back. Lol. I do like sport compacts, and it was between a cobalt and a focus, so i took the best deal, since i pay child support for my son when i have him 50% of the time......but its paid for and it is mine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just turned 21 in March and am just starting to budget for mods. I'm really bad at saving money so I've been working a lot of overtime to just get one big check then blow it all in an hour online. I'm finally at a point where I've paid off my car and can put money into it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
27. I try and limit myself to 1k a year, but last year was more like 3k plus paying the car off.
So you probably have another cobalt price into mods then? I want to be there someday. :clap

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Best suggestion. I would take 100-150 out of each check and put it in a jar. Once the jar was full or I knew I had enough for an upgrade I put it all in my bank account and started purchasing.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

So you probably have another cobalt price into mods then? I want to be there someday. :clap
Damn close depending on the balt! I'm not doing much more since I need to start saving for the Evo. Will be paying off a lot of debt in the next month including the Jeep we just bought my gf (although both of our names are on it, it's hers) and can start saving the dollars. Will still race the cobalt, but once the evo comes into the mix I'll probably just use it as a dd and a fun weekend car.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Best suggestion. I would take 100-150 out of each check and put it in a jar. Once the jar was full or I knew I had enough for an upgrade I put it all in my bank account and started purchasing.
That is a good idea, but being as I'm just getting started, there are a few necessities that I feel I need for me to be proud of my car. I think that's what I'm gonna do for my wheels though. Once I get up to a grand or so, I'll start shopping.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is a good idea, but being as I'm just getting started, there are a few necessities that I feel I need for me to be proud of my car. I think that's what I'm gonna do for my wheels though. Once I get up to a grand or so, I'll start shopping.
I think wheels makes the biggest difference to a car. Keep looking big picture, and it'll happen. I browse craigslist alot, so thats where i got mine. Much cheaper than brand new, but thats why i don't have center caps, and have a dented lip, but i'm not trying for a show car.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think wheels makes the biggest difference to a car. Keep looking big picture, and it'll happen. I browse craigslist alot, so thats where i got mine. Much cheaper than brand new, but thats why i don't have center caps, and have a dented lip, but i'm not trying for a show car.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I mean that's the first thing you notice if you see nice looking car parked somewhere. I've been trolling the cragslist too. It's quite convenient with the 4x100 setup, which is on basically all honda's, I just need to find someone who needs to sell them haha.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep. Honda's, toyota's, nissan's, mazda's, even some fords too. I knew as soon as i saw that, there was going to be alot of honda owners selling there rims because they needed more power. Lol. Mine came off of a scion xb......it was still ugly. Lol

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.