Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so Im pretty sure it has to deal with my transmission because it only started doing it when I got my fluid changed out. Almost every time you start the vehicle as soon as it starts you can here fluid rushing around. Is this normal? Just never happened to me until I got the fluid changed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
In other cars ive heard my coolant move around, in another i heard my gas sloshing in the tank. I dont think ive ever heard tranny fluid though. When in doubt, check it out!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if it's the coolant it would just be weird because it only started happening little while ago.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Guess I'll check out the coolant later. If it's low can I just buy whatever the coolant is for these cars and top it off or should I go to a shop and get it drained and refilled?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just add dexcool to the line.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Did you discuss this issue with the place that serviced your tranny? Have them take a looksee 1st...JMO. If it's a problem - they should find/fix. Doubt it's the tranny b/c the fluid doesn't travel outside the casing, unless a vehicle has towing pkg (which your Cobalt shouldn't). I'd say it's coincidental and probably something to do with cooling system, or fans...good luck.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Are we talking about engine coolant or transmission fluid here?

I don't think you should be hearing fluid in your transmission. It may just be a coincidence that you're now hearing noises. If you're concerned, you can always ask them if they checked the level. With a pan drop on a 2.2 I know it's like 7 quarts of dex 6. Nonetheless, they should have checked the fill plug on the passenger side of the tranny to make sure it wasn't overfilled or underfilled.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Alright so Im pretty sure it has to deal with my transmission because it only started doing it when I got my fluid changed out. Almost every time you start the vehicle as soon as it starts you can here fluid rushing around. Is this normal? Just never happened to me until I got the fluid changed.
Hi Dustin,

I can understand why this would be a concern. Was your most recent fluid change performed at one of our GM Certified dealerships? I would be happy to discuss this further with you. In order to do so, please PM me your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ensure you are using the correct fluid for GM transmissions. If you got ATF or Engine Oil, not correct, its Dexron IV or V if im not mistaken. Wrong fluid wont cause noises, but will cause shifting problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.