Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure there may be a post on this already.
i was looking to either paint or remove the bowtie in the front but i dont know if i have to remove the plastic between the grill or just pop off???
and if i were to paint it, any certain paint to put on?

any info and tips would be great.

thanks forum!!:bigsmile:

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
There are 2 10mm bolts holding on the front bowtie.

Krylon paint works good, but if you wish to paint match it to your car, you would have to have a can of paint mixed ( or you can get if from the dealer).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh okay and i would have to get behind the grill to take off the bolts??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yep, get a 10mm socket with a 3 inch extension and it'll come right off....I suggest a can of Krylon Primer, Duplicolor Enamel Clearcoat, and what ever color Krylon you choose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:laugh:thanks alot. got the grill insert and took it off and painted it a flat black, have to see it it the morning how it came out cause i did it at night. and also got the bowtie off. and those holes, how would i be able to cover that up. lol

·
Say What again!
6,000 Posts
You use paint. :laugh:

I used Krylon Fusion and taped off the chrome.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I guess my balt was made different???? My front bowtie is 3m taped on.........

·
Registered
224 Posts
i used krylon plastic paint for my rear bowtie and clear coated it and its holding up well. if i was to sand and use reg. cheap spray paint and clear coat it.. anyone know if it would hold up

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i used krylon plastic paint for my rear bowtie and clear coated it and its holding up well. if i was to sand and use reg. cheap spray paint and clear coat it.. anyone know if it would hold up
thats what i did ha. i didnt even clear coat it.
it has survived 3 winters and looks perfect.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Definitely not the recommended method but I got really bored one night and put about 5 coats of niteshade on my front bowtie and it actually came out pretty good. Gunna eventually get around to redoing it the proper way as soon as winter goes away though.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
I guess my balt was made different???? My front bowtie is 3m taped on.........
The bowtie assembly is two separate pieces, The bowtie it's self and the chrome surround are separate. The Bowtie is attached to the surround by 3m tape and the surround is attached to the grill by 2 10mm plastic bolts and metal nuts.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The bowtie assembly is two separate pieces, The bowtie it's self and the chrome surround are separate. The Bowtie is attached to the surround by 3m tape and the surround is attached to the grill by 2 10mm plastic bolts and metal nuts.
If you have the chrome grille piece it's different. The bowtie is 3M taped on and bolted on (I know from experience, lol). Plus, the bolts aren't readily accessible from behind the grille, you have to remove the chrome piece to get to them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.