Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how Identical are the Cobalts and the Cruzes? I bought a different car since my cobalt was wrecked, but id love to get into something like a cobalt again down the road . . . so to speak.

I have heard a few negative reviews on the Cruze, anyone have any experiences with them?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
They're supposed to be completely different. I've heard ppl complain of lack of power in the 1.8L cruze

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL! I feel the love.

Probably will look for something used, unless I come into some money :)

Something easy to work on if needed. Ill definitely look for a 4 banger.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My fiancé has one with 1.4 turbo its great on gas good suspension peppy engine she hasn't had any issues yet but I have seen a couple with cooling issues at work faulty thermostats causing overheating dame electric thermostats

Sent from my SGH-T679M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'd suggest any subaru or maybe the dart srt if they come out anytime soon. Idk your price range but the brz and frs are sweet cars too
imo the brz is overpriced, for the same price you can pick up a v6 mustang or camaro and have 100hp more than the brz.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

actually the mustang is $3500 cheaper. and the camaro is making 123 hp more for $1200 more.

·
Registered
115 Posts
GM went to the trouble of changing the bolt pattern for the Cruze, so I would think most everything is else different as well. I think they're great looking cars in LTZ trim.

I sat in an FRS for the first time last week, it is tiny. The front seats are super sweet (the back seats are useless). But they are much lighter than a Camaro/Mustang so the power is relative. And better on gas. I think they look great too.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
imo the brz is overpriced, for the same price you can pick up a v6 mustang or camaro and have 100hp more than the brz.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

actually the mustang is $3500 cheaper. and the camaro is making 123 hp more for $1200 more.
**** your couch, LOL.

Camaro, especially the 5th gen is a hideously awful GM mistake. The V6's might make 100 more CHP, but they weigh a thousand pounds more than a furz or burz. They also have manifolds built into the cylinder heads, which throws modification out the window for the most part. It also has timing chain issues, which is a big deal with all the 3.6 VVT motors as of current. I won't get into how crappy the fit and finish and overall lameness that is the poor man's 'Vette. The new Mustang, I might get behind, my old man has a new 3.7 DOHC one. Problem with it is: 1) headrests get in the way of your driving, seriously...if you haven't sat in one, go see what I'm on about, 2) Limited to 114 mph until tuned, 3) Transmissions are junk from China, go look at all the recalls, 4) It's still a Ford.

The FR-S/BR-Z wasn't built for straight line speed. It's called: Back to basics. The idea behind it is awesome. Small, lightweight, RWD, manual car that likes to turn and rev. This is what all the big three is missing...connecting the driver to the car, not a horsepower battle where you just keep adding weight and more handling aids/computer programs to help the average lazy mclazyson out. 200 CHP/150~ CTQ still makes for a decently quick car when it weighs a thousand pounds less than the Camaro and well over 500lbs. less than the stangbanger. You can get a FRS/BRZ for low 20's. A similar optioned Camaro or Mustang is gonna shoot the price up quite a bit.

I sat in an FRS for the first time last week, it is tiny. The front seats are super sweet (the back seats are useless). But they are much lighter than a Camaro/Mustang so the power is relative. And better on gas. I think they look great too.
Did you get to drive it?

Like everyone says, it is super easy to kick the ass end out on that thing, I was in love.

I wanted to drive the BR-Z, I guess the exhaust is louder and less restrictive in it from what I've heard through the grapevine. I got to take a few runs in a FR-S, it was pretty loaded for 23,9xx out the door. Faster than my Cobalt by quite a bit, ha.

ROCKET BUNNY FTWWWW:

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
you can fit a small child in that front bumper, looks super nice though i like me smaller cars, must be in another color for me to like moAR!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
you can fit a small child in that front bumper, looks super nice though i like me smaller cars, must be in another color for me to like moAR!
BR-Z STi any better?

:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did you get to drive it?

Like everyone says, it is super easy to kick the ass end out on that thing, I was in love.

I wanted to drive the BR-Z, I guess the exhaust is louder and less restrictive in it from what I've heard through the grapevine. I got to take a few runs in a FR-S, it was pretty loaded for 23,9xx out the door. Faster than my Cobalt by quite a bit, ha.
I didn't, unfortunately. But I refuse to drive other people's cars since if anything happened I would feel awful lol. If I was getting one of those, I would have to go for the BR-Z.

Agreed, the principle behind creating that car is right on point.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Oh, I wouldn't either.

I test drove one at a local Toyota dealer. Long hair, don't care. I beat on that car like a red-headed step child, LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
BR-Z STi any better?

:)

now you are talking my language, i would get it!

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

*goes to scion.com*

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^um, what? BR-Z is not scion. I saw a couple of these at our first race of the year. It won its class on a very tight course, enough said.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
BR-Z = Subaru
FR-S = Scion
FT-86 = Toyota

The Toyionaru

Or the Suoyta

Maybe the Toyobaru?

Or how about the Subion?

I still wish it was branded Hachi-Roku.

For you non-in the know'ers, that's eighty six in Japanese. Named for the original AE86 Corolla-Levin

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.