Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I need to know which wire (color) is the DRL wire. I want to disconnect it from my HID's and put only my halo's on it so my HID's do not come on during the day when I put my parking break down. I already have the drl fuse removed but I don't want that, because I want automatic DRL's ( I forget to turn off my Parkin lights since I'm not used to my new retrofits) Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump?

·
Registered
931 Posts
start testing wires with a testlight...

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah...:S i'll get to that on friday... :(
good luck... ill check the diag at work tomaorow see if i find nethig for ya... if i do ill post it here...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drive without the parking lights...its legal...i think...
No, my parking lights don't go on with my drl's. Only my headlights. Also, any DRL is fine here wether it be parking lights or halos or some led's. You just have to have them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i was fiddlin with my wiring harness today for my side mirror project (blinkers), anywho the wires as I found them on my harness are as follows:

Blue - Blinker
Brown - DRL
Black - Ground
Pink - High Beam
Orange - Low Beam

my harness is for an 09 Cobalt LS xfe

·
Registered
435 Posts
On bright sunny days I just turn them off.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
turn them off manually
On bright sunny days I just turn them off.
We have to remember that the OP on this thread is from Canada. Unlike the U.S. Canada requires DRLs to be on all vehicles originally equipped with them. They do not allow them to simply be turned off. That's why he's trying to get just his Halos to be his DRLs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
2007+ just pop the hood and pull the DRL fuse from the engine fuse block. Its a red 10 amp. I did it and mine don't turn on anymore. No side issues from doing this either. Works miiiint.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd like to change my DRL's to my Amber Lights, right now it runs it on the low setting of the High beams... I've not run with DRL's for two and a half years now because of this. Hopefully someone can help.
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL! lol. Last time I was fiddling with my retrofits, I noticed there's 4 wires on the headlight harness going to the main bulb and the blinker bulbs. One of the darker (black or brown) wire will be the DRL I assume. I will be disconnecting whichever one I find it to be, and re-connecting it to a relay which will run my halo's only during the day. I would suggest you do the same but with your amber lights. Find out which wire is the DRL wire, then cut it, then re-connect it to the amber power wire so that when you take your parking break off during the day, power will be sent to the amber bulbs only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.