Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd give you guys an update here as well...this is the post I yanked from my facebook page about what happened today...

Thanks everyone...I just got home, it happened just before 9. I was in the left hand lane on 291 coming down the hill right before Kentucky traveling around 55mph...there was a mid '90's Silverado Ext. Cab sitting inbetween the lanes which I found odd and as soon as I got about 30 feet from the intersection he creeped right in front of my car...I literally had about 2 seconds to stop the car and it wasn't happening. I collided right into his passenger side tire area which apparently is the worst place to hit since I got to meet the motor and transmission of the truck...the guy is lucky he was by himself or there would have been a body bag for that person. Kim and I both got some nasty lacerations from the seat belts...we also both got some nice jacked up knees from slamming into the dash on impact. I've got some nasty burns on my arms from the airbag/steering wheel and some cuts/bruises galore along with Kimbo. Kicker is...3 things:

1) I have a neck brace that I get to wear the next few days...classic. They want to make sure nothing is seriously damaged as nothing showed up on the x-ray but my neck/upper back are bruised pretty good from whiplash/airbag/etc...not to mention my splitting ass headache I've had since 9.

2) I didn't even get to eat my damned Lays Kettle Cooked Jalapenos Chips that we just picked up at the gas station in Independence...bastards.

AND...

3) FOR ANYONE LOOKING FOR A SAFE DAILY DRIVER...here's your proof you wanted ...I thought this car was a tin can POS all in all...horribly un-refined...but I hit a Extended Cab, Long Bed, Silverado @ 55~mph...while he was around 5mph...If that...Cobalt saved mine/Kim's lives...I'd buy another in a heartbeat now...Seat Belts, Air Bags, and for once some quality engineering on GM's part. Also, goes to show ANYONE who ever thinks getting behind the wheel for a beer run (which his guy had a full case of beer in the truck)...think twice...you might just take the lives of some innocent people who were just on their way home from visiting some friends and enjoying a nice night.

Nick Seaton = praying tonight; that is for DAMN sure.

So....

Going to see tomorrow whats up with the Insurance companies...and....

I'm going to punch this drunk **** in the dick.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad you will be OK, but don't let the other side talk you into signing away your rights because some injurys may not show up at first. My aunt has back pain from a rear crash that happened years ago and showed up later.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Glad you are OK and walking, sore as hell I am sure, but it could have been worse. It is looking like the Cobalts are not as horrible in wrecks as the safety people rated it.

Looks like the Balts handle wrecks pretty decently.

Again, good thing you are doing pretty good.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
damn man, thank god you guys are safe!hope the injuries heal quickly. Take care of yourself. Good luck with everything

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad to see you safe man.
Yeah. I T-boned some idiot pulling out in front of me doing 60. Walked away with a scratch on my head. Cobalts are incredibly safe.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Waiting to hear from the insurance company but I'm PRETTY sure it is totaled. Here are some daytime pictures of it when I went to clean it out since I've been stuck in bed the past few days with my knee being a epic PITA and having spasms from the nerves being ****ed up in my neck and back.

More pics...lol

·
Registered
713 Posts
Holy hell, I didnt realize there was another "metallic cashmere" cobalt posting on here...God that sucks about what happened and I hope to never see my cobalt like that shape. Glad you guys got out ok for the most part.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Glad you are OK! The car can be replaced...people can't!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.