Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum. Quick Question, i want to buy some halos for my car but dont know what would be better, to get Chevy Cobalt CCFL Halo Projector Headlights or regular halos???

CCFL (Cold Cathode Flourescent Lights)

and it says its for 05 to 08, would they fit on my 2010??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i figured they would cause so many parts from the older years fit perfect. so the parts are almost universal except from the ss.
ok

Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I have cheap CCFL Halos, I put my own HID's in and they are fine...ccfl halos are like a flourescant light...super bright, i can drive past cops at night and not get in trouble, they don't emit much light, but are super bright...

And btw, all year and trim level lights will fit any cobalt...i have a 2008 LT Sedan, and a buddies 2009 ss has my old stockers in it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have cheap CCFL Halos, I put my own HID's in and they are fine...ccfl halos are like a flourescant light...super bright, i can drive past cops at night and not get in trouble, they don't emit much light, but are super bright...

And btw, all year and trim level lights will fit any cobalt...i have a 2008 LT Sedan, and a buddies 2009 ss has my old stockers in it...

I'm not referring to the quality of the CCFL... I'm referring to the poor fit of most ebay lights, the poor sealant quality which leads to fogging, the cheap plastic lenses which stress and spider crack, discolor, and sometimes peel, leds that burn out or fail, and in some cases, the cheap black plastic housings which fade to gray in the sun over time.

We use only OEM lights for people wanting stock housings, and upgrade aftermarket lights with higher quality LEDs and wiring, prime and paint the housings to prevent fading, and reseal with OEM sealant to prevent leaks. We also install our own HIDs on request and guarantee them with a lifetime warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I have the CCFL halos too, been a great buy since i got them over 3 years ago. Love the brightness of the rings and the look in general, no problems with flogging, cracks or anything. Got mine from K2motor off ebay. I recommend CCFL to anyone because the regular led halos are just crap, and look cheap do to poor lighting of the rings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
yep that is the price or abouts of them off a site. As I said, I got some from them, just off of ebay. No problems at all but you do take a chance ordering from the bay. So if you want to spend the extra to feel alittle safer that is the way to go :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just to let you know, you're probably safe getting the gen II's cause beamer and myself both have them, no problems other than my L.E.D.s...just saying.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so what are the gen II's? i havent heard of those. are those halos or the lights>?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.