Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to reapply the COBALT letters somewhere, I use double sided tape, right?
And also, do you just have to cut the tape out perfect to stick on the back of the letters?

In your opinion, how do you like this idea?

[This was from before I put the letters on my interior. I just stuck them here to see what it would look like. I know they arent lined up; they are pretty much hanging there from leftover tape when I pulled em off.]

·
Registered
112 Posts
i wouldnt say you need to cut tape for the whole letter. i would believe some small cut double sided tape applied in spots around each letter should be good enough

·
Registered
324 Posts
lol bigger letters, you can find at autozone or pepboys. I thought the same thing but IMO they look to small to me. and use a hot glue gun to place it on there. Just a few drops should work, but if you are creative enough to use the tape and cut the tape after its placed on the back of the letters where the tape doesnt show then that would look bad ass also.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol bigger letters, you can find at autozone or pepboys. I thought the same thing but IMO they look to small to me. and use a hot glue gun to place it on there. Just a few drops should work, but if you are creative enough to use the tape and cut the tape after its placed on the back of the letters where the tape doesnt show then that would look bad ass also.
LOL!
My bad. Ok, Are you talking like bigger chrome letters?

I really want to get creative with em :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
they sell trim adhesive/ adhesive for badges... auto zone or what you have near by should have it.. most glues not made for autos dont have flex in them to withstand vibrations. even superglue will pop right off after 2 months

EDIT:

that stuff you have above is good. now get an exacto knife and make it perfect... ah what a pain in the ass...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.